THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
mo1905
Mrs Vimes
sanguine
Eddie
8 posters

Why do they bother?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Why do they bother? Empty Why do they bother?

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 09 2015, 19:52

OK, maybe I am a numskull, so help me out. Why do some people join a diabetes forum and never post? why do some log in countless times during the day and night and hardly if ever post? What am I not seeing?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Why do they bother? Empty Re: Why do they bother?

Post by mo1905 Thu Apr 09 2015, 23:43

Not sure Mr Cannon. I really wish they would. Still, if they're not posting, they may at least be reading. That's gotta be second best ? I'd rather someone joined up and posted regularly but I don't mind people joining and reading too. Hopefully they may end up eventually posting. I think some just like to sort of "people watch" rather than join in I guess. I certainly know lots of people who join gyms but never go lol !
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Apr 10 2015, 08:46

Perhaps I scare them off? I've been known to scare people affraid Shall I go and hide away again and see if people post? Smile
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Fri Apr 10 2015, 09:59

All forums have a majority of 'lurkers' in my experience - they join, and hopefully read and learn, but don't want or feel the need to participate. I'm cool with that.
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Fri Apr 10 2015, 11:36

I think some people are worried about their internet footprint. Some don't want to be identified? Some are just not confident in their tech savvy?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 10 2015, 12:02

The other problem here is that a lot of our "lurkers" are members elsewhere too such as DCUK. Quite a few members here have been banned over there. I think people are worried if they are seen posting at our "evil" forum lol, they may be targeted elsewhere. Shame really.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Apr 10 2015, 12:09

mo1905 wrote:The other problem here is that a lot of our "lurkers" are members elsewhere too such as DCUK. Quite a few members here have been banned over there. I think people are worried if they are seen posting at our "evil" forum lol, they may be targeted elsewhere. Shame really.

Isn't that all the more reason to post here, where there's none of that silliness going on? If such a huge organisation needs to target members of a tiny little forum like this one, I would say that was a good reason to join in. Why on earth would such a huge forum target individuals from here unless they were scared of the truths we speak here? Surely everyone knows that it's the truth that sets us free? So, yes, to anyone reading this thread - come and post here, let's speak the truth with an even stronger voice!
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri Apr 10 2015, 12:19

Nicely put Zand!! cheers
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Fri Apr 10 2015, 12:29

As Zand so nicely put it " [Surely everyone knows that it's the truth that sets us free? So, yes, to anyone reading this thread - come and post here, let's speak the truth with an even stronger voice!]

sunny   flower   sunny
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 10 2015, 14:32

zand wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:The other problem here is that a lot of our "lurkers" are members elsewhere too such as DCUK. Quite a few members here have been banned over there. I think people are worried if they are seen posting at our "evil" forum lol, they may be targeted elsewhere. Shame really.

Isn't that all the more reason to post here, where there's none of that silliness going on?  If such a huge organisation needs to target members of a tiny little forum like this one, I would say that was a good reason to join in.  Why on earth would such a huge forum target individuals from here unless they were scared of the truths we speak here?  Surely everyone knows that it's the truth that sets us free?  So, yes, to anyone reading this thread - come and post here, let's speak the truth with an even stronger voice!

Well said Zand. We welcome all here and anyone is free to post whatever they like without fear of ban or edit. It's people like yourself who ARE brave enough to join here under your DCUK username that may inspire others too. I'm not sure why they frown on this place so much as all the shady goings on are over there but I like to think they see us as a threat :-)
    beardie
    beardie

Post by beardie Fri Apr 10 2015, 17:44

I log in a few times during the day on my phone. I wont post till on my computer in the evening as I find it difficult to type on a phone with my messed up hand.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 10 2015, 17:54

beardie wrote:I log in a few times during the day on my phone. I wont post till on my computer in the evening as I find it difficult to type on a phone with my messed up hand.

I'm the same. I hate using a phone to post. I have sausage fingers.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 10:16