THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Oh REALLY?

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Oh REALLY? Empty Oh REALLY?

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 29 2015, 21:06

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/why-arent-type-1s-being-encouraged-to-use-lchf-like-type-2s.74461#post-813814

Since when in the context of a proper LCHF diet has fat and protein doubled a persons insulin requirement?? Either this person is eating the equivalent of half an Aberdeen Angus cow in protein a day or has a different definition of LCHF to us,ie,thinks 200 grams a day is low carb and then ups the protein big time on top and then wonders why their BG's are going down the Khazee! I see the 'Pizza effect' cited a lot elsewhere-Well as I don't eat a load of carbs in the 1st place-Delayed spikes caused by fats slowing down the absorption of the carbs aint a problem for me as I'm sure it isn't for most of the low carbers I know so I really fail to see why certain people use the 'Pizza effect' as a valid arguement to rubbish LCHF for type 1's. Evil or Very Mad
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Oh REALLY? Empty Re: Oh REALLY?

Post by graham64 Sun Mar 29 2015, 21:51

No more than I would expect from CarbsRok and her numerous other pseudonym's, not forgetting she is carbo's sidekick Rolling Eyes

Current date/time is Sun May 19 2024, 13:11