THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Medical Comments

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Medical Comments Empty Medical Comments

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:28

Was looking at The Cholesterol Con reviews and this one caught my eye it is so very true. Does anyone else have anything they have seen that also makes a great statement, by non medical or medical people?

The idea that patients be allowed take personal accountabilty and make decisions in line with their own view of how they want to live their lives with the doctor simply supplying the medical information to enable them to do that is totally anathema to most doctors despite the fact that every competent adult patient is legally entitled to do exactly that. What's the difference between God and a doctor? God doesn't think he's a doctor.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Medical Comments Empty Re: Medical Comments

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 28 2015, 18:38

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Was looking at The Cholesterol Con reviews and this one caught my eye it is so very true. Does anyone else have anything they have seen that also makes a great statement, by non medical or medical people?

The idea that patients be allowed take personal accountabilty and make decisions in line with their own view of how they want to live their lives with the doctor simply supplying the medical information to enable them to do that is totally anathema to most doctors despite the fact that every competent adult patient is legally entitled to do exactly that. What's the difference between God and a doctor? God doesn't think he's a doctor.

Great post MID. I think it is fair to say every person on this forum has taken "personal accountability" for their diabetes. We are all doing what we can to stave off serious diabetic complications. Even if we fail, we can be proud and honestly say, I gave it my best shot, that's all we can ever do.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 29 2015, 14:26

The Great Cholelesterol Con has been on our bookshelf for some years now..... a must read !

One of the reviews I particularly liked was " Meditate , not medicate ! A glass of red in the hand is worth two statins in la bouche ! "

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 18:45