THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Why do we never learn from history?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Why do we never learn from history? Empty Why do we never learn from history?

Post by Eddie Sun Mar 22 2015, 18:36

I am a history geek and have always been interested in politics. I have been reading about Sir Oswald Mosley today. Some old timers or history buffs may remember he was a staunch fascist and supporter of the Nazi’s. He was imprisoned during the second world war, for obvious reasons, but this I find fascinating. After the war he went back into politics and campaigned for a single nation Europe.

“After the war Mosley was contacted by his former supporters and persuaded to return to participation in politics. He formed the Union Movement, which called for a single nation-state to cover the continent of Europe (known as Europe a Nation) and later attempted to launch a National Party of Europe to this end.” From Wiki

How he must be laughing in his grave to see what Europe has become, by the way, he was an old Etonian, just as the people running the government are today. What Hitler failed to achieve and with over 50,000,000 dead during WW2, Mosley got his wish without a shot being fired, and achieved by unelected bureaucrats. Where will all this end up? who knows. Civil war in European countries, WW3. One thing for sure, it ain’t gonna end well.

I will end this post with reasons to be cheerful part three.

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28 2024, 00:58