THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet? Empty Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet?

Post by Eddie Sun Mar 22 2015, 15:13

Over at diabetes.co.uk the self styled "Largest Diabetes Forum in Europe" a poll was started the thick end of three days ago. This outfit boasts of over 240,000 people receiving their news letter ( a mail shot selling tool ) and over 140,000 forum members. As you can see below, the response from the members has been absolutely pathetic. Which leads me to wonder, and ask the question, are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet?

We call on Diabetes UK to recognise the LCHF diet alongside the HCLF diet.

I have had good blood glucose control & improved health with LCHF
    39 vote(s) 86.7%

I have had good blood glucose control & improved health with the standard HCLF diet
    1 vote(s) 2.2%

I have had unsatisfactory results with LCHF
    5 vote(s) 11.1%

I have had unsatisfactory results with the standard HCLF diet
    25 vote(s) 55.6%

The numbers are even worse than they look, because "Multiple votes are allowed" Pitiful in the extreme. The only honest and genuinely caring mod at the flog is Ian Day. He has worked tirelessly for years to help fellow diabetics, and this is the thanks and support he gets. Is it any wonder the dietary information and care for so many UK diabetics is so poor? when so many clued up diabetics can hardly get off their arse to help anyone.

Link to the apathy here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-regarding-x-pert-high-fat-low-carb-diet.73919/
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet? Empty Re: Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet?

Post by Paul1976 Sun Mar 22 2015, 15:25

Yep,a pretty piss poor turnout,how are we ever going to crack the likes of DUK if folks can't even muster the strength to left click a mouse to vote!! Then again,lots of low carbers have been banned or stoned to death and have lost the will to log in there anymore and who can blame 'em!

I've just posted a link to the poll on another diabetes forum to try a rustle up a bit of extra support for Ian's poll so folks,if you haven't already done so and are not currently banned then please do vote. Smile

Cheers

Paul

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet? Empty Re: Are diabetics the laziest most apathetic people on the planet?

Post by Jan1 Sun Mar 22 2015, 18:58

There are many good people in this world who do a great deal to help their fellow human beings, many work quietly away and do not ask for any thanks or recognition ...... to me Ian Day is this type of person...... and he should be applauded and supported.

We are so fortunate in this country that we can vote on all sorts of subjects. If you are a member of that Forum and can vote and haven't done so yet ....... I just wonder why?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Mar 22 2015, 19:13

It doesn't surprise me to be honest. I bet there are no more than 100 or so regular posters. Most LCHF followers have been banned. I feel sorry for Ian as he put his neck on the line a little but fair play for trying. It was worth starting the poll just to see Nobhead scamper off with his tail between his legs !
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sun Mar 22 2015, 19:58

mo1905 wrote:It doesn't surprise me to be honest. I bet there are no more than 100 or so regular posters. Most LCHF followers have been banned. I feel sorry for Ian as he put his neck on the line a little but fair play for trying. It was worth starting the poll just to see Nobhead scamper off with his tail between his legs !

When the going gets tough, the tough get going. I would not want it any other way. DCUK is a shill outfit, but it cannot be denied the straight and honest members have helped countless people. What the place could have achieved if monetary profit was not the main priority.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 20:25