THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
sanguine
Paul1976
6 posters

Predictable as ever...

Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Predictable as ever... Empty Predictable as ever...

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 19 2015, 20:08

From Noblehead on Ian's DUK poll thread today...My bold and red highlighting.

"@IanD, I would have like to have seen more options available in the poll for those who don't LCHF or HCLF, there's many of us on the forum that sit somewhere in-between and eat both carbs and fat in moderation, the message would still be the same to Diabetes UK."

followed by...

dannyw said:
    With respect Noblehead, why not start your own poll then ? The poll started here is pointless if we start putting loads of different options of varying degrees of low, moderate or high. The main focus is to change the current poor dietary advice and move with the times.

"So do we not want a poll to reflect all the members of this forum, there's two options there but it leaves an important one out, which is why many people may not be able to vote, hence why I've pointed this out to Ian."

And then...

"That's fine if your just wanting to get support for Dr Deakin's modified dietary advice, I thought your intentions were to make DUK change their stance on promoting a HCLF diet, perhaps by showing that people on this forum use other methods of dietary control (not just LCHF) would help to change hearts and minds at DUK.

So the other option I would have included is moderation, as Dr Deakin was promoting when she was talking at the Diabetes UK conference back in 2013.."

With the his final word...

"But then some haven't despite dietary changes, but lets not derail the thread any longer and let the poll run its course."

So there you have it,yet again a calm and well thought out poll thread involving DUK the charity is derailed by an anti despite the poll clearly being set up to lobby DUK re LCHF and Trudis latest findings and when replies aren't in his favour he pulls out the mods hat and calls for no more derailing despite it being him being the derailer!! Shocked Business as usual with DCUK and a few of it's staff members eh guys?! Rolling Eyes

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-regarding-x-pert-high-fat-low-carb-diet.73919/
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Predictable as ever... Empty Re: Predictable as ever...

Post by sanguine Thu Mar 19 2015, 20:21

Yeah, pathetic really, hopefully with it being Ian's thread it won't be deleted Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 19 2015, 20:24

Let's hope not Rod! Could hopefully get some useful stats from Ian's poll results providing Anna doesn't call rank! Rolling Eyes
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 19 2015, 20:50

Noblehead is a very strange man, perhaps not the full ticket. Would you believe he used to praise low carb and carb reduction big time. From our blog.

Noblehead confirmation received he is a liar !

By Noblehead September 4th, 2009, 12:05 pm Posted on the flog.

"I have seen dieticians, read books, spoke to my diabetic care team, and none have offered any constructive advice on controlling weight. Reading this forum has been helpful, and reading other peoples experiences in controlling their diabetes and improving Hba1c's, has been inspirational !

I can't recollect at any time been given advice on reducing carbs to control weight. I have always been told to eat plenty of carbs at every meal, together with the usual meat and veg. Once I was told that a bowl of cereal for breakfast was insufficient, and should include 2 slices of toast also. Looking back I can now see how flawed this advice/information has been.

Cutting back on the carbs, reducing portion size and eating sensible foods, combined with plenty of exercise has changed my approach to diabetes. I am now eating approximately half the amount of carbs I ate only 3 months back, and at last my weight is starting to drop. Before I started to cut back I was 14st 12lb, and being only 5ft 9'' was well overweight, and my BMI was 31. "

By Noblehead October 17th, 2013, 6:17 pm Edited on the flog after I posted his original post. As you can see he took three years to edit his post. In short, he is a duplicitous and lying little rat. Typical flog mod material.

"I lost weight with the help of a Dietician from my hospital diabetes clinic, cutting back on the calories and exercising more worked for me."

This was the answer he gave to a member who asked.

"I am a type 1 Diabetic on a pump and I struggle with weight control and I thought it is a good place to ask for recipes that people recommend that are healthy, tasty and easy to calculate with regards to insulin. I want to lose a few pounds and diet needs to be sorted, please can you let me know any useful websites, personal experiences or anything at all that you can recommend."

Well folks after posting on Wednesday and asking the question, is Noblehead the biggest liar on the forum ? I did not consider the possibility he would confirm the fact, in a little over 24 hours. Maybe I should cut him some slack. Could it be years of carbohydrate addiction and highly elevated plasma insulin levels have addled his brain ? One thing's for sure, his grip on reality is highly tenuous. The $64000 question, why did Noblehead lie to the member, why did he not tell the member the real reason he lost weight, why does he not want others improving their control ?

Welcome to the crazy world of diabetes. More on the ex low carb admirer tomorrow. Check out the link to see how the Noblyhead edited his original post to shreds.

Predictable as ever... Nigel+BS

Link to the blog http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2013/10/noblehead-confirmation-received-he-is.html#uds-search-results

Loose Cannon, but I have Noblyhead sussed. The big question, why did he do a 180?
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Mar 19 2015, 22:36

Juat what planet is noblehead on Rolling Eyes his moderation diet is already approved by DUK, and as Paul said the poll was about lobbying DUK to accept LCHF as a viable option in the treatment of diabetes. In what way does he think his input would be of any use I can't think of any.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Mar 19 2015, 23:23

graham64 wrote:Juat what planet is noblehead on Rolling Eyes his moderation diet is already approved by DUK, and as Paul said the poll was about lobbying DUK to accept LCHF as a viable option in the treatment of diabetes. In what way does he think his input would be of any use I can't think of any.

Why does a man with plenty of test strips, insulin, an insulin pump and access to Endo's put the boot in? He knows full well many type two's cannot afford to buy test strips and get non on prescription, they never see an Endo and at best are palmed off with next to useless and often dangerous type two meds. I have never seen a more blatant case of f**k you Jack I'm all right.

Us low carbers are saving the NHS a fortune, meanwhile the Nobleheads of this world almost boast of their carb intake, while tax payers like me pick up his very expensive bill for his care. He's got more neck than a giraffe and not a shred of honesty or integrity.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Fri Mar 20 2015, 07:35

Yep I agree with you guys on this.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Post by Paul1976 Fri Mar 20 2015, 09:06

From Sid just now...

"Well I like the majority of members here I suspect cant cast a vote in your poll IanD as I neither eat a lchf diet or a hclf diet so its a bit pointless really when most people here just reduce the carbs in their diets and dont increase the fat.

Everything in moderation"

So most members of DCUK don't do LCHF or just lower carbs a bit with no changes in the amount or types of fat consumed? So Sid speaks for all the forum now it would seem despite LCHF being prolific amongst members... Where does Sid get those stats from?

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/poll-regarding-x-pert-high-fat-low-carb-diet.73919/page-3#post-804781
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Fri Mar 20 2015, 10:04

"Where does Sid get those stats from? " Out of his arse. How often Sid feels he can talk for the entire forum. His input to the forum is virtually nil, other than to cause trouble and make sweeping generalisations.

He knows full well the best controlled diabetics over the years have gone low carb (50 a day or less) at the flog and many other forums. How many people that applies to at the flog, who knows, that's the reason for the poll.

If none of the options apply to Sid too bad. But he will vote, just to bring the percentages down for low carbers. Imagine running a poll asking have you gone blind, have you suffered kidney failure, have you had leg amputations. Would Sid be moaning that he could not vote? If so, maybe someone can call round his place with a chain saw and remove a few limbs. There you go Sid, you can vote now. That was banter BTW I don't want Sid to think I was going to send the boys over. LOL

This thread is called As Predictable As Ever, there is no one more predictable than Sid, there is no one more predictable than me, but we are poles apart (no pun intended) when it comes to wanting to helping people.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 20 2015, 20:39

As Rod says, if this wasn't Ian's poll, this would have been deleted by now. Sidney mugged himself up again with his usual drivel whilst Nobhead had to eat a huge slice of moderately low carb humble pie :-)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 21:40