THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life? Empty Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life?

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 16 2015, 00:43

Becoming a diabetic is no joke, but by the cringe, rarely a day goes by and reading forums and blogs, without me falling off my chair in hysterical laughter. Is it just me, do I have a warped sense of humour, am I as mad as some say? What say you. freakout
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life? Empty Re: Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life?

Post by Paul1976 Mon Mar 16 2015, 00:46

Well put it this way-I've met more wackjobs posing as diabetics than any wackjobs I've seen on any other unrelated websites!!
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life? Empty Re: Was becoming a diabetic, the greatest larf of your life?

Post by Eddie Mon Mar 16 2015, 01:16

Paul wrote:Well put it this way-I've met more wackjobs posing as diabetics than any wackjobs I've seen on any other unrelated websites!!

DCUK was the first forum I ever joined, maybe it should have been my last. One thing is for sure, Sid et al has me holding my guts in pain laughing at time. Maybe I should take him fishing to my lakes some time.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Mar 16 2015, 09:04

No, it wasn't a laugh at all, becoming diabetic was extremely upsetting. I had worked out for myself that I was heading that way and was pre-diabetic and had started changing my diet years earlier. Yet things got in the way and despite doing my best, my worst fears were realised. I had cut carbs significantly, but not enough and a heart problem meant I couldn't exercise much at all.

I tried to 'cheat' on my 2nd fasting test at my surgery. (I drank red wine the night before to stop liver dump) It worked, but not enough.

I had had pneumonia and my son had it too with glandular fever. When my GP gave my results, I said "at least, I didn't catch glandular fever from him when he drank out of my glass by mistake" My GP said "No, but this is a progressive disease and will be with you forever" I smiled and thought "We'll see"

First of all I did a 7 week very low cal diet (mostly veggies, 600 cals a day). My BG's were great after that, but yes I was still diabetic. I switched back to my own diet (which was almost LCHF as I know it now) and carried on for a couple of years before finding a forum and realising that others did the same as me.

Now here I am. Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 17:18