THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes!

Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes! Empty Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes!

Post by Mrs Vimes Sat Mar 14 2015, 13:54

Don't laugh,I've reached a certain age and lately have been waking up drenched in sweat.
    On testing its not related to a hypo! Took me ages to work it out as I'm 22 in the head. I'm bloody well premenopausal.

Gutted. About the same time, my blood sugars would increase! Eventually checked for bubbles in my pump tubing and kept finding them!

Thought about it for a bit - I think I'm cooking my insulin when I'm having a hot flush so the air bubbles are coming out that normally wouldn't.

Think of a fizzy drink out of the fridge for a while that tastes flat as it warms up.
    Has anyone else noticed this?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes! Empty Re: Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes!

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 14 2015, 19:06

Sorry to hear you are having problems. Pre-menopausal / menopausal is never an easy time. Alas, as I'm not diabetic I can not give any views on the pump situation ....... I can only say that when pre, or menopausal, many do say that by following the LCHF lifestyle does help.

My thoughts are with you - take care

All the best Jan
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes! Empty Re: Hot flushes and air bubbles in me tubes!

Post by Mrs Vimes Sat Mar 14 2015, 19:30

Thanks Jan. Now if only I can report this to some because there is obviously a mistake here!
    Got a list of herbs from a friend going through it. All from Holland and Barrett so nothing risky. They all sound like something from a Hogwarts Magic class though.
    When I rock up with the bottles it will be obvious what I'm there for.
    I'm going to check for bubbles now every time I wake up with a hot flush.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27 2024, 01:40