THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
mo1905
zand
Jan1
7 posters

The bond between pets and humans

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

The bond between pets and humans Empty The bond between pets and humans

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 11:35

For all who have the enjoyment, responsibility and love to have and look after a pet - it can come at quite a cost. Vets bills are rarely cheap, and I know many take out pet insurance.

Looking back, as a child our family had guinea pigs, budgerigars and goldfish - often the goldfish were won at a local fair.

So I had something in common with this family, when I read their story about a goldfish's operation.

Two pet goldfish are recovering after undergoing almost £500 worth of medical treatment.

"Star had a blind, cancerous eye removed in an operation involving a team of vets from Inglis Veterinary Hospital in Dunfermline, Fife.

On the same day they removed a lump from Star's aquarium partner Nemo, with both operations costing the owner almost £500.

Star came into the Gordon family after being won at the local fair for pocket change 12 years ago by Abby Gordon, now a 21-year-old student in Glasgow."

More on this story here: http://money.aol.co.uk/2015/03/10/family-spends-500-on-operations-for-their-pet-goldfish/

The bond between pets and humans 10378925-1

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

The bond between pets and humans Empty Re: The bond between pets and humans

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 12:05

Hmmmm. Well you're all going to think I'm miserable and horrible, but there is no way I would pay that much for a couple of goldfish. I would struggle justifying paying that amount for medical bills for a cat or dog too.

It's not that I don't care about animals, I do. I think we humans are so selfish to put animals through these unnecessary operations and pain and discomfort, just because we need/want them. Is that love? Is that really a bond? We treat them like they are human, but they are not, they are often better than humans, shouldn't we just let them have a dignified death instead of putting our human emotions onto them?

If they were my goldfish I would send them to the great goldfish bowl in the sky and donate the £500 to a childrens' charity.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 10 2015, 12:17

I agree with Zand. No way would I have spent £500 on medicals bills for a fish. I had a dog that died a few years back and I can see why people would spend money on taking care of them but the difference is you get feedback from a dog. A dog is a companion, even more so than a cat. A fish or a reptile or even guinea pigs etc I wouldn't spend big money on.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 10 2015, 12:33

Zand said "Well you're all going to think I'm miserable and horrible"

I don't I think that. I think the nutter that spends 500 sheets on a couple of gold fish is batshit.

Talking of batshit. I see one of The Flying Sidzinskis (ex failed circus act) said this at the flog.

"I definitely had 170g of carbohydrate and I had two bowls of homemade soup the carb content I can only estimate at between 25g and 40g per bowl, so say 33g which gives a grand total of 236g of carbs. I did have one banana (23g) which is not an everyday food.for me, so I would estimate my daily carb consumption somewhere between 200g and 250g."

This person says they are a type two diabetic on no meds. No type two diabetic could hold safe numbers on that carb count, and clearly the person is talking complete bollocks. Exactly the same bollocks that Duggie boy and Gezzathorpe used to talk. My advice is don't believe a word the retard says. It's all a way to wind up the low carbers.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 12:53

Yes I agree Eddie. He isn't diabetic. I hate the way these people rub our noses in it and tell real diabetics and the world that carbs are fine.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 13:05

mo1905 wrote:I agree with Zand. No way would I have spent £500 on medicals bills for a fish. I had a dog that died a few years back and I can see why people would spend money on taking care of them but the difference is you get feedback from a dog. A dog is a companion, even more so than a cat. A fish or a reptile or even guinea pigs etc I wouldn't spend big money on.

It is interesting to see how well thought of some of our pets are, and we do seem to distinguish amongst the different types.

I believe some hospitals, and I know old peoples homes, encourage visitors, and invited guests, to bring animals in - especially dogs. Dogs are more of a companion than cats I think ( but I don't think some cat owners would agree).

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 13:11

eddie1 wrote:Zand said "Well you're all going to think I'm miserable and horrible"

I don't I think that. I think the nutter that spends 500 sheets on a couple of gold fish is batshit.

Talking of batshit. I see one of The Flying Sidzinskis (ex failed circus act) said this at the flog.

"I definitely had 170g of carbohydrate and I had two bowls of homemade soup the carb content I can only estimate at between 25g and 40g per bowl, so say 33g which gives a grand total of 236g of carbs. I did have one banana (23g) which is not an everyday food.for me, so I would estimate my daily carb consumption somewhere between 200g and 250g."

This person says they are a type two diabetic on no meds. No type two diabetic could hold safe numbers on that carb count, and clearly the person is talking complete bollocks. Exactly the same bollocks that Duggie boy and Gezzathorpe used to talk. My advice is don't believe a word the retard says. It's all a way to wind up the low carbers.

Important points but hijacked lol!

Jan flower
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 13:44

@Jan1 Good point! Does that mean Eddie is in the naughty corner now? pirat
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 10 2015, 14:09

zand wrote:@Jan1  Good point!  Does that mean Eddie is in the naughty corner now?  pirat

Yes, I'm lined up for a good spanking this afternoon. Goody goody gum drops as my old mate Brick top would say.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 15:04

Have fun! Wink
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:50

Ahem! Anyone seen Eddie and Jan? Rolling Eyes
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:51

zand wrote:Ahem!  Anyone seen Eddie and Jan? Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil woot
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 10 2015, 17:59

Paul wrote:
    zand wrote:Ahem!  Anyone seen Eddie and Jan? Rolling Eyes

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil woot

After a heavy days housework and shopping, Jan has gone for a little pre dinner kip. Leaving me to read the papers. That's how it is when you get to our stage of decrepitude. But ah the memories. These days I look back and think what was all the fuss about. But men have give up Kingdoms for lust err love.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Mar 10 2015, 20:23

Sometimes a little pre-dinner kip is heaven a nice treat ..... of course for those with younger families around it's no doubt out of the question. Being that little bit older does have quite a few advantages.

Life is strange at times I started off this thread and of course the subject is goldfish ..... guess what we had for dinner tonight?

affraid  No not goldfish ..... but cod. Funny I can't get away from fish today.

Anyway Eddie is now out of the 'naughty corner' doing the washing up. lol!

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Mar 10 2015, 21:15

Jan wrote:Important points but hijacked   hijacked lol!

Thread hijacked Shocked then surely the mods should take action ban
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Mar 10 2015, 21:56

graham64 wrote:

Good point Graham ! According to rule number 136, paragraph 4, section 2, subsection a, "changing course of a clearly defined goldfish thread to one of carb consumption is gross misconduct and will result in a 7 day Chianti ban" !
    Sorry Eddie, them's the rules buddy :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Tue Mar 10 2015, 22:13

mo1905 wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Good point Graham ! According to rule number 136, paragraph 4, section 2, subsection a, "changing course of a clearly defined goldfish thread to one of carb consumption is gross misconduct and will result in a 7 day Chianti ban" !
    Sorry Eddie, them's the rules buddy :-)

I only drink Chianti when I eat liver with fava beans.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Mar 12 2015, 19:49

Oh ! Memories of Chianti, Italian Restaurants and chequered table cloths.

Lottery win or idyllic holiday destination ......The Chianti area in Tuscany is one of the most beautiful in the whole region, as well as the most well-known and appreciated by visitors from across the world.

The borders of the Chianti region are not clearly defined but in general it extends over the provinces of Florence and Siena, covering all of the area between the two cities and extending to the east toward the Valdarno and to the west to the Val d'Elsa. The Chianti wine area extends further beyond the two cities, all around Florence and even toward Arezzo, Pistoia and Montepulciano.

You'll often find references to the "Florentine Chianti" and the "Sienese Chianti" to define the areas closest to one or the other city, but these often refer to a wine's origin within the Chianti region.

Territory
    Chianti offers a unique landscape, with green, gentle hills covered with wide fields of vineyards and olive groves, small stone villages, characteristic parishes and countryside homes in stone.

The Chianti landscapes are so beautiful and particular that they inspire many photographs which then become postcards and calendars distributed across the globe.

Definitely mine and Eddies type of place ........... sunny

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Mar 12 2015, 19:55

That sounds divine Jan and how I wish I was there now to travel Italy and all of what it has to offer in what you described above-I am of Italian descent on my mothers side and I'm ashamed to say I've never been(Except for flying over sicily en route to Cyprus)
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Fri Mar 13 2015, 00:10

Visited Rome last year and the architecture, history and beauty of the City took my breath away. I'm not a religious man but when I walked in the Sistine Chapel, I got goosebumps ! The food and wine are amazing !
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Fri Mar 13 2015, 02:29

Jan1 wrote:I believe some hospitals, and I know old peoples homes, encourage visitors, and invited guests, to bring animals in - especially dogs. Dogs are more of a companion than cats I think ( but I don't think some cat owners would agree)

I am the mother of two cats and they are definitely very loving, supportive and can tell when I'm down and try and cheer me up. I miss the fact that I can't walk them like I could a dog but then when I don't want them in my face, they get it where a dog wouldn't. I just spend a lot of money on dental bills for one of them but he's never seen the inside of a vet's office in 13 years, so I figured it was worth it. He's got a lot of good years left in him just like I do. Now if he had cancer or some incurable disease where he would eventually suffer then I'd make my decision to pull the plug.

As to the rest of this thread, I haven't a clue what you'all are talking about.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06 2024, 12:09