THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Orange and brandy chicken liver pate !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Orange and brandy chicken liver pate ! Empty Orange and brandy chicken liver pate !

Post by Eddie Wed Aug 20 2014, 19:25

Orange and brandy chicken liver pate ! Pate2-2-300x198

INGREDIENTS
    300g chicken livers
    100g salted butter
    1½ tbs brandy
    3 tbs double cream
    zest and juice of 1 orange
    INSTRUCTIONS

1. Prepare the chicken livers by washing them then patting them dry in between kitchen paper.

2. Cut each liver in half and trim and remove the fatty or sinew pieces. I find it easier to use scissors for this, rather than a knife.

3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chicken livers. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Remove from the heat and the orange zest, orange juice, brandy and cream.

5. Puree with a stick blender using the blade attachment, until smooth.

6. Season with salt/pepper to taste.

7. Pour into ramekin dishes, and refrigerate until set.

8. These will keep for 4 days in the fridge. The quantities above, made 3 ramekin dishes.

Recipe taken from this fantastic low carb food site which can be found at http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/
    Kind regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Orange and brandy chicken liver pate ! Empty Re: Orange and brandy chicken liver pate !

Post by Jan1 Tue Jan 20 2015, 17:10

eddie1 wrote:
    Orange and brandy chicken liver pate ! Pate2-2-300x198

INGREDIENTS
    300g chicken livers
    100g salted butter
    1½ tbs brandy
    3 tbs double cream
    zest and juice of 1 orange
    INSTRUCTIONS

1. Prepare the chicken livers by washing them then patting them dry in between kitchen paper.

2. Cut each liver in half and trim and remove the fatty or sinew pieces. I find it easier to use scissors for this, rather than a knife.

3. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the chicken livers. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

4. Remove from the heat and the orange zest, orange juice, brandy and cream.

5. Puree with a stick blender using the blade attachment, until smooth.

6. Season with salt/pepper to taste.

7. Pour into ramekin dishes, and refrigerate until set.

8. These will keep for 4 days in the fridge. The quantities above, made 3 ramekin dishes.

Recipe taken from this fantastic low carb food site which can be found at http://www.ditchthecarbs.com/
    Kind regards Eddie

This fabulous pate recipe was taken from the 'ditch the carbs' site, link above.

Living with reduced carbs is not difficult, and I still do not fully understand why some wish to make it hard?

Enjoy your LCHF living - I know I do.

All the best Jan

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 19:41