THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation Empty 5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation

Post by graham64 Mon Dec 22 2014, 21:08

All 30 diabetes drugs reviewed for this series were approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration from 2004-2013 based on surrogate measures of elevated blood sugar such as HbA1c, which can indicate risk for type 2 diabetes complications, but not always. Here are a few key points of what we learned in the course of our investigation. Read the full analysis, an examination of adverse events, or more about how we did it.

1. Diabetes drugs improve lab tests, but not much more, particularly in pre-diabetics.

None of the 30 diabetes drugs approved by the FDA in the last decade have rigorous proof of reducing clinical outcomes such as heart attack, stroke, blindness, or amputations.

Read more http://www.medpagetoday.com/

Check out the list of drugs , Byetta and Januvia have the worst record
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation Empty Re: 5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation

Post by zand Mon Dec 22 2014, 21:18

This is appalling! People happily take these drugs thinking they are going to improve/prolong their lives, yet LCHF which will do both these things is still not recognized as beneficial by many medical practitioners. It's scandalous that profits come before people.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation Empty Re: 5 Takeaways from the Diabetes Drugs Investigation

Post by Eddie Tue Dec 23 2014, 15:39

zand wrote:This is appalling!  People happily take these drugs thinking they are going to improve/prolong their lives, yet LCHF which will do both these things is still not recognized as beneficial by many medical practitioners.  It's scandalous that profits come before people.

For almost seven years Graham and myself have been trying to warn people about most type two medications. We both decided a long time ago, when low carb high fat cannot control our type two diabetes we will go straight to a minimal amount of insulin. So far so good, if we are lucky we may check out holding good numbers on just metformin and our freaky eaters lifestyle.
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Tue Dec 23 2014, 17:07

eddie1 wrote, "We both decided a long time ago, when low carb high fat cannot control our type two diabetes ……." (my bold)

Just out of interest, do you both think that progression of T2 is inevitable, or would "if" have been a better choice of word? Not trying to pick a fight here, just curious as to your thoughts.

Sally
    yoly
    yoly

Post by yoly Tue Dec 23 2014, 19:41

Sally wrote:eddie1 wrote, "We both decided a long time ago, when low carb high fat cannot control our type two diabetes ……."   (my bold)

Just out of interest, do you both think that progression of T2 is inevitable, or would "if" have been a better choice of word?  Not trying to pick a fight here, just curious as to your thoughts.

Sally

Being old can make anything progress... Nothing function like it once did. But not everyone age the same and not everyone take care of themselves with a healthy diet and less junk food. So is not progressive in the sense they claim, sure if your using their the bad advice and drugs that most doctors give it may seem that way.

Modern medicine is just about drugs and big pharma profits. Keeping the medical industrial complex bottom line.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Tue Dec 23 2014, 21:27

Sally wrote:eddie1 wrote, "We both decided a long time ago, when low carb high fat cannot control our type two diabetes ……."   (my bold)

Just out of interest, do you both think that progression of T2 is inevitable, or would "if" have been a better choice of word?  Not trying to pick a fight here, just curious as to your thoughts.

Sally

Your quite right Sally "if" would have been a far better choice, after six years I've yet to see any progression and neither has Eddie.

For inevitable progression of T2 look no further than the "healthy" DUK diet woot
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Wed Dec 24 2014, 07:24

graham64 wrote:

Sally

Your quite right Sally "if" would have been a far better choice, after six years I've yet to see any progression and neither has Eddie.

For inevitable progression of T2 look no further than the "healthy" DUK diet woot

Agree, if would have been more positive than when. That being said I always work with a plan B. I do honestly believe diabetes does not have to be progressive in terms of serious complications, however as age creeps up on us we can expect to deteriorate. I decided a long time ago should my BG numbers go above 7 for two consecutive HbA1c tests and if I could not bring them back to non diabetic with diet, exercise and metformin, I would go onto insulin. Insulin should be respected but not feared.

Highest HbA1c other than diagnosis was the last test at 6.1 (old money) at my age and almost 7 years in the betus club that will do for me. If I was ten or twenty years younger I would be doing everything possible to be in the low fives or fours. I suppose at the end of the day, how far do you want to take it?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:15