THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

A decade of being nonconformist

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

A decade of being nonconformist  Empty A decade of being nonconformist

Post by graham64 Wed Apr 04 2018, 22:07

On April the 4th 2008 I was diagnosed with diabetes and here I am after ten years LowCarb with no signs of the dire consequences forecast by a stupid Welsh dietitian, I'm in no doubt if I had listened to her and heeded her advice I would have seen diabetes progression with the probability of needing insulin by now. This was all down to the original lowcarb forum at DCUK and the knowledgeable people I met there gave me far more useful advice and help than any dietitians and their so called evidence based guidelines  Rolling Eyes  

Best way forward is to ignore official guidelines avoid dietitians unless you can find one of the ever growing number of lowcarb ones who understand the nutritional needs of diabetics.
    chris c
    chris c

A decade of being nonconformist  Empty Re: A decade of being nonconformist

Post by chris c Fri Apr 06 2018, 21:48

Yes I am certain that if I had continued to follow the advice I was given by now I would be much fatter, on several more profitable drugs and with fewer than the average number of limbs.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sun Apr 08 2018, 18:41

Thanks for sharing this Graham ...

So many diabetics now know more about the health benefits LCHF can and does bring  Smile

But, we still need to continue to spread the word about LCHF ...

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 02:06