THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Chillies

chris c
    chris c

Chillies Empty Chillies

Post by chris c Sun Sep 10 2017, 00:22

Dammit, I keep forgetting to mention for the last few weeks the veg shop has had a box of assorted chillies supplied by a local grower.

Normally they have the standard longish red and green ones, and sometimes orange ones too.

There is currently a collection of different shapes and colours - and flavours, and strengths - which makes life interesting. Some of the differences are quite subtle.

Not seen this year (yet) the ultra hot one that comes with a free pair of surgical gloves so you can cut it without actually touching it.

Worth looking out for if you have a suitable shop.

My ex was one of the few people I knew who liked even hotter food than me. One night when it was my turn to cook I noticed she had bought some cute little baby peppers, so I chopped up a couple and added them to whatever I was cooking.

Oops! I didn't realise they were Scotch Bonnets. The result was so hot neither of us could finish it. When I confessed what I had done she fell about laughing. She explained that she added ONE, whole, then took it out again after a while . . .
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Chillies Empty Re: Chillies

Post by Jan1 Wed Sep 13 2017, 18:42

Oh goodness "Scotch Bonnet Pepper - The Caribbean Chili Of Choice" is HOT !

Apparently it was " the shape of this famous pepper what inspired its name. In shape, the pepper with its squashed look appears like a Scotsman’s bonnet (called a Tam o’Shanter hat). Simple as that. Nothing else Scotch about this pepper, but it does have a name that’s hard to forget. It has other names, too, including the Bahama Mama, the Jamaican Hot, the Bahamian, and the Martinique pepper."

Lots more to read here
    https://www.pepperscale.com/scotch-bonnet-pepper/

I've just bought some 'ordinary red peppers' ...

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Sep 13 2017, 22:26

I bought me a Scotch Bonnet this week along with some of the others. I shave tiny bits off with a razor blade. Had a delightfully glowing sauce last night and my arsehole still works this morning so I'm getting better at estimating the dose.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 11:16