THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+17
Sharon
zand
Eddie
graham64
Bebo321
Scandichic
Mrs Vimes
cold ethyl
Bluetit
Xyz
Indy51
Paul1976
Loobles
Jan1
Andy12345
sanguine
mo1905
21 posters

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 16 2014, 16:35

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 2 Get-attachment
    This is Eddie's idea of exercise on a Saturday afternoon watching others run around the pitch .....oh and did I mention shouting out his orders while I'm writing out my shopping list.

All the best Jan
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 2 Empty Re: How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ?

Post by sanguine Sat Aug 16 2014, 16:41

Jan1 wrote:
    Walking does seem quite popular, which is great.

Have any of you tried the many 'Healthy Walking Groups' that some local councils run?

I'm sure they're useful for some, I prefer walking on my own so I can gauge the time, distance and absorb the environment around me. Horses for courses.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Aug 16 2014, 16:44

Jan1 wrote:
    How do you keep fit ? Or don't you ? - Page 2 Get-attachment
    This is Eddie's idea of exercise on a Saturday afternoon watching others run around the pitch .....oh and did I mention shouting out his orders while I'm writing out my shopping list.

All the best Jan

lol! 
    I wish I could say I was in the gym or hiking this afternoon but alas...
    I'm currently watching 'Smokey and the Bandit' and have just sent the OH for some chilled Chardonnay as a trade whilst I've thrown together tonights homemade Curry in the Wok. Smile
    Xyz

Female Posts : 66

Post by Xyz Sat Aug 16 2014, 16:59

Last edited by Xyz on Thu May 21 2015, 23:01; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : No longer want a presence on this forum)
    cold ethyl

Post by cold ethyl Sat Aug 16 2014, 18:42

I've gone from not moving at all for 20 plus years to doing around 40 minutes a day every day, mainly on my exercise bike. I've got fibromyalgia so I tend to break it down into a few short sessions as that seems to lessen any problems I might get from repetitive movements. Sometimes I go for a walk and try and walk more around town when I am shopping by getting dropped off at different places.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 16 2014, 18:48

"As you can tell, I wasn't impressed."

Hi Brunneria,

Sorry to hear your experience wasn't a good one. I think all leaders are advised to wear a high visibilty jacket - health and safety, and all that jazz! I've heard some even wave their walking sticks at people!

But I do agree they are a great idea.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 16 2014, 18:55

Hi Cold Ethyl .....I know many use exercise bikes both at home and in the gym, they are a good idea.
    All exercise, movement has got to be good. Do you listen to music whilst you cycle?

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 16 2014, 18:59

My daughter is a Zumba instructor, that is hard work, trust me ! Anyone tried it ? The music is pretty good too !
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 16 2014, 19:00

cold ethyl wrote:I've gone from not moving at all for 20 plus years to doing around 40 minutes a day every day, mainly on my exercise bike. I've got fibromyalgia so I tend to break it down into a few short sessions as that seems to lessen any problems I might get from repetitive movements. Sometimes I go for a walk and try and walk more around town when I am shopping by getting dropped off at different places.

That's great determination ! 40mins a day is more than most :-)
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 17 2014, 14:58

Nice long walk along the river today, babysitting my daughters Beagle. Nice and sunny but very windy. The dog, Betsy, is used to walking without a lead so this makes it hard work when I put a lead on her. For me, a steady walk lowers my BG levels more than an actual gym workout ! Every cloud eh ;-)
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Aug 17 2014, 16:29

i miss my beagle, until he was about 2 taking him off the lead was the same as a gym workout, the git would put hes nose to the ground and just keep going until he reached the sea (we live inside the m25) awesome dogs, trouble is they all look the same, its not great when your grieving and you keep seeing your dead dog lol
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:17

I have now been given an upper body workout and a lower body workout by the personal trainer I see once a week. The plan is to do each workout twice a week alternating.
    (I was running of a morning and getting brilliant insulin sensitivity but losing weight which isn't my goal at the moment.)
    The theory being that I gain muscle mass and increase insulin sensitivity without losing the weight.
    I also run on a Wednesday night - I can now do 5k without stopping on the tread mill but have to stop when running outside.
    When my partner is home we go out walking or cycling (on bike paths not on the roads as I am a wimp).
    All this since March and going on the pump. Previously I had spent the last umpteen years going to work then sitting on the couch.
    I think this was my midlife crisis kicking in.
    Thinking about it I haven't bought the flash car yet!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:25

I had just walked 5 miles on this lovely Sunday afternoon ....
    Now I have spice night to look forward to ...all has been cooked for me ...
    Lovely lentils....
    Cabbage in spices ...
    Green beans in a thick coconut sauce ....really looking forward to it  sunny 
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:32

Kat100 wrote:I had just walked 5 miles on this lovely Sunday afternoon ....
    Lovely lentils....
    Cabbage in spices ...

Actually sat here drooling.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:02

Mrs Vimes wrote:
    Kat100 wrote:I had just walked 5 miles on this lovely Sunday afternoon ....
    Lovely lentils....
    Cabbage in spices ...

Actually sat here drooling.
    I am sending you a take away .... sunny 
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:14

Andy12345 wrote:i miss my beagle, until he was about 2 taking him off the lead was the same as a gym workout, the git would put hes nose to the ground and just keep going until he reached the sea (we live inside the m25) awesome dogs, trouble is they all look the same, its not great when your grieving and you keep seeing your dead dog lol

Here is Betsy. I guess they all do look similar. They sit like a human too lol !
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/96/51/14/betsy10.jpg

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 19:33

mo1905 wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i miss my beagle, until he was about 2 taking him off the lead was the same as a gym workout, the git would put hes nose to the ground and just keep going until he reached the sea (we live inside the m25) awesome dogs, trouble is they all look the same, its not great when your grieving and you keep seeing your dead dog lol

Here is Betsy. I guess they all do look similar. They sit like a human too lol !
    https://i.servimg.com/u/f39/18/96/51/14/betsy10.jpg
    Really cute .....love all their individual personalities ....
    Indy51
    Indy51

Female Posts : 344

Post by Indy51 Mon Aug 18 2014, 01:45

Hmnn, might have to try and consciously control my walking speed for more variability rather than just ambling along with the dogs I walk for my neighbours:

http://healthcorrelator.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/slow-versus-slow-brisk-walking-effects.html
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Mon Aug 18 2014, 06:24

Indy51 wrote:Hmnn, might have to try and consciously control my walking speed for more variability rather than just ambling along with the dogs I walk for my neighbours:

http://healthcorrelator.blogspot.com.au/2014/08/slow-versus-slow-brisk-walking-effects.html

Yes, I've read that varying pace can make a huge difference !
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Tue Aug 19 2014, 07:08

Brunneria wrote:
    Jan1 wrote:Great to read peoples posts on how they keep fit.

Walking does seem quite popular, which is great.

Have any of you tried the many 'Healthy Walking Groups' that some local councils run?. I believe most have various levels within the groups depending on how far you want to or are able to walk.

Happy Walking

All the best Jan

Ours doesn't allow dogs.
    And it is run by a madman.
    One of those loud, brusque, do-gooding types with all the tact of a brick wall and the social skills of a schoolyard bully, wearing (for some strange reason) a High Visibilty Vest.
    I had the opportunity to see him herding his poor flock one day.

As you can tell, I wasn't impressed.

Pity, because it's a great idea.
    After I'd stopped laughing, I found this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hOKZApJc_Eo
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Post by Scandichic Tue Aug 19 2014, 07:17

All this talk of exercise! Am desperate to go for walk as returned from Center Parks and have put 2lbs on! Before any kind soul suggests that muscle weighs more than fat, I think it's probably the 3 glasses of Chardonnay I drank to self medicate against all the family rows which I kept out of because I had a glass of Chardonnay in my hand and a hand of cards. We walked loads but not enough to work through the Chardonnay! I love walking. On my own with music! Weight currently back from 13 st 1 to 13 st 3! No booze this week! Strict LCHF!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Aug 19 2014, 08:27

2lbs after a holiday is a result in my book :-)

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:13

Scandichic wrote: I think it's probably the 3 glasses of Chardonnay I drank to self medicate against all the family rows which I kept out of because I had a glass of Chardonnay in my hand and a hand of cards.!

Chardonnay in one hand and a hand of cards? @Scandi you are just waaaay too kool for skool!  Laughing 
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:19

dianaseaside wrote:
    Scandichic wrote:  I think it's probably the 3 glasses of Chardonnay I drank to self medicate against all the family rows which I kept out of because I had a glass of Chardonnay in my hand and a hand of cards.!

Chardonnay in one hand and a hand of cards?  @Scandi you are just waaaay too kool for skool!  Laughing 

I picture a big cigar as well :-)
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Post by Scandichic Tue Aug 19 2014, 09:27

mo1905 wrote:
    dianaseaside wrote:
    Scandichic wrote:  I think it's probably the 3 glasses of Chardonnay I drank to self medicate against all the family rows which I kept out of because I had a glass of Chardonnay in my hand and a hand of cards.!

Chardonnay in one hand and a hand of cards?  @Scandi you are just waaaay too kool for skool!  Laughing 

I picture a big cigar as well :-)
    No cigar as I need one hand for the cards and one hand for the glass of Chardonnay! There was a bowl of peanuts though Cool 
    I would love to be too cool for school but sadly I need to earn a living but if I ever win the lottery........ lol! 
    Dianaseaside I think you might be familiar? pirat 

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:12