THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years

JohnWilson

Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years Empty Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years

Post by JohnWilson Mon Sep 22 2014, 19:10

I've put this post here because for the last ten years investigating Julie's family has been my hobby. This week brought such a wonderful reward.

Julie’s great-great grandfather arrived in Singapore in 1871, aged 16, a penniless, illiterate Chinese immigrant. Over his lifetime he rose to the top of the Chinese community, acquired extensive business interests, several properties and 5 wives! In the 1930s all the wives were living in separate houses on Emerald Hill. [I presume the sleeping arrangements were similar to the novel and movie Raising the Red Lantern]. Some years ago a relative of the youngest 5th (2nd official) wife contacted me with details of her side of the family and a photograph of an elderly living relative who have lived in Emerald Hill but moved out some time about 1934/35. Three years ago I was contacted by the youngest relative of the 4th (3rd unofficial) wife. Again we exchanged details etc. Last week I was again contacted by the young girl with photographs of her graduation and her granny and wondered if the two old ladies knew each other. This is the result.

Hi John,

Yes, I already miss uni life Sad

My grandma recognises Mdm Sim, though she forgot her name. She says that Mdm Sim was very close to her own mother, who often brought her and her siblings to Mdm Sim's/Mr Heng Hong Peow's house. She cannot recognise the rest of the ladies in the photo - they were probably young children when she last saw them. Thanks for sharing the photo!

The two old ladies are now on Skype.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years Empty Re: Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years

Post by zand Mon Sep 22 2014, 19:15

Wow, extraordinary!
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years Empty Re: Happiness For Two Old Ladies Separated For 80 Years

Post by Andy12345 Mon Sep 22 2014, 19:16

Smile cool
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Sep 22 2014, 20:50

That's a nice post John, thanks for sharing.

Life changes so much and Skype is brilliant for keeping in touch.  sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 08:42