THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Derek
Wobblycogs
6 posters

Is low carb ever going to be accepted?

Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Is low carb ever going to be accepted? Empty Is low carb ever going to be accepted?

Post by Wobblycogs Thu Dec 24 2015, 06:48

I went to my Doc the other day for annual "M.O.T.", as she calls the blood-works.
    While I was in the waiting room I watched the CCTV. I had to sit through five minutes  of tongue-biting, while I saw and heard the  'truth' about cholesterol and saturated fat.

The familiar old drivel! Cholesterol causing heart disease and weight gain; saturated fat being the enemy and we should eat margarine instead of butter!  So out of date, you might expect to find it in a museum. I just cannot understand why supposedly learned professionals either don't know about, or will not accept, all the evidence to the contrary where fat is concerned. It makes me seethe to hear false information being given to lay-people who don't know, and who accept what they are told as if it were some kind of religious sermon. I fear we won't ever win this battle. So much so I am considering giving up trying to help people, and just going my own way; thus avoiding being laughed at when I try to help. Except that I get even more angry, when I see or hear of someone with an obvious obesity problem complaining; they have done everything they can; tried every diet know to man, only to be told by their doctors that they have no will-power. It's their own fault, and they need gastric surgery.

Only yesterday morning, I learned the NHS is considering this surgery as the only solution, to prevent patients consuming too may calories; regardless of age too!  What's wrong with these people? Blithely going about their business, hacking people's insides about, in service to the calories in = calories out bunkum! So much money is being wasted, because they won't swallow their pride and admit they got it all wrong! it's criminal,  is what it is!
    Grrrrrrrrr!

Rant over!

Cheers and a Merry Christmas to everyone, even if we can't have our mince-pies; and sugar free sweets, because the Medical Establishment is saying that artificial sweeteners will kill us!

Wobbly pale
    Derek
    Derek

Is low carb ever going to be accepted? Empty Re: Is low carb ever going to be accepted?

Post by Derek Thu Dec 24 2015, 13:50

Good to see you Wobbly, hope you are OK.
    Have you seen the Dr Kraft interview it's eye opening.
    Most heart disease is caused by insulin overproduction.
    Re: too much carb intake!
    Have a good Christmas.
    D.
    Derek
    Derek

Is low carb ever going to be accepted? Empty Re: Is low carb ever going to be accepted?

Post by Derek Thu Dec 24 2015, 13:58

Regarding the current attitude to diet. Do you remember a little phrase with initials b.b.b.? The the middle word is baffles! SmileWink
    yoly
    yoly

Post by yoly Thu Dec 24 2015, 14:23

No is not going to be accepted while there is money to be made with cholesterol lowering drugs, the low fat products market and the low calorie & exercise weight loss industry. The cholesterol and diet heart disease meme has to be kept going so you can scare people so they can be profitable.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Thu Dec 24 2015, 17:56

We are getting there slowly but surely. Don't forget the human race are the only animals cleverer enough to make our own food and then stupid enough to eat it. Only in a world this crazy would we have to work hard to convince people whole fresh food from the farm or sea was a healthier way to live, than eating man made junk from a chemical factory.

Never ever under estimate the stupidity of the human race. That being said we all have to learn, many of us the hard way. I was that man, but not any more. Some it would seem do not want to learn. That's cool, but why drag others down, most here know who the suspects are. Why some work year in and year out to mislead and confuse others will always be a mystery to me. What are the mathematical odds of so many of the these misfits ending up as mods at the forum of flog, slim for sure.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Dec 24 2015, 21:53

I do believe we are making progress albeit slowly with spreading the LC message, there does appear to be more HCP's getting involved now Dr Unwin (Southport GP) is doing a great job with his patients and other GPs are showing a lot of interest in his work some even adopting LC in their practices. Then there's the BBC series with Dr Chatterjee who showed that LC is the way forward for diabetics, and there's Dr Trudi Deakin RD a dietitian who runs the Xpert programme promoting LC.

There's still a long way to go though with DUK/NHS/BDA promoting the useless eatwell plate, and as Yoly says the influence of Big Pharma and the junk food Companies still dictates the dietary guidelines
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Post by Wobblycogs Thu Dec 24 2015, 22:54

I like that Eddie.
    [Clever enough to make our own food
    Stupid enough to eat it.]
    I might use that as a sig. on another forum I belong to!
    thumb-up

Cheers Eddie and a Merry Chrimbo to everyone.  
    Have a great 2016 too!

Wobbly santa

PS.. At the moment, I am struggling with the desire to slip back; it being Christmas. I hope I can resist the roast spuds and stuffing at Christmas; not to mention the Christmas Pud!
    Wish Me Luck !

Wobbs
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Post by Wobblycogs Fri Dec 25 2015, 06:50

Derek wrote:Regarding the current attitude to diet. Do you remember a little phrase with initials b.b.b.? The the middle word is baffles! SmileWink

Ah yes! I remember it well! Laughing
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Dec 25 2015, 16:54

I see it going in both directions at once.

A decade or so ago any research into other than low fat diets was routinely banned by Ethics Committees and the few trials that were permitted were refused publication. hence Richard Feinman, Eric Westman, Jeff Volek, Stephen Phinney et al. started the open access journal Nutrition And Metabolism.

Now all these authors get published in the most prestigious journals. Not only that but an increasing number of researchers no-one has ever heard of before are starting from the premise that "low fat" diets didn't work, and are looking at why and what to do instead.

At the same time Conventional Wisdom is making a fightback sponsored by huge amounts of money from the Foodlike Substance Manufacturing Industry and drug companies.

What doctors are told is "Evidence-Based" medicine is actually marketing from the above. They are simply not informed of anything that does not conform to current dogma.

Soon all the people who remember a time before low fat was the standard protocol will be dead and then they will be home free

except

obesity rates in Sweden are starting to decline since low carb became accepted, if not yet recommended

diabetes rates in the US are staring to decline, probably because of the huge number of people now rejecting low fat

my money is on Walt Willett and Frank Hu from Harvard being the first to claim that after all these decades "low fat is finally starting to work"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 20:44