THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

lemon  lime cheesecake -  Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way Empty Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way

Post by Jan1 Tue Aug 25 2015, 11:08

lemon  lime cheesecake -  Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way P2050303-710x399

Cheesecake has always been one of my favourites and this low carb version is a winner. Serve cold and a small serving because it is quite a rich recipe...

Ingredients
    Base
    100g melted butter
    2 cups Almond meal
    1 tbsp Almond butter
    Filling
    4 Eggs plus 1 egg yolk
    500g Cream cheese (regular)
    200g Coconut cream
    1 tbsp Vanilla essence
    3 tbsp Natvia
    4 Limes (juiced)

Instructions
    Mix butter, almond meal and almond butter together and press into a 25cm springform tin, line with baking paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
    Beat together all filling ingredients until smooth. Pour over cooled base. Bake for 1 hour at 160 degrees, or until firm to touch and browned on top. Best refrigerated overnight and served at room temperature the next day.

Nutrition Break-down
    Serves: 10 small
    Serving size: 1
    Calories: 436
    Fat: 42.2
    Saturated fat: 20.3g
    Carbohydrates: 3.3g
    Sodium: 256mg
    Protein: 11.4g

Original idea here
    http://www.jmcphee.com/2015/04/19/low-carb-lime-and-vanilla-cheese-cake/

All the best Jan

flower
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Female Posts : 72

lemon  lime cheesecake -  Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way Empty Re: Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way

Post by thinestever82 Mon Nov 02 2015, 03:37

This recipe seems amazing for special occasions. Which coconut cream have you used? Is this the soft part of the canned coconut milk or something else?
    Jan1
    Jan1

lemon  lime cheesecake -  Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way Empty Re: Lime and Vanilla Cheese cake - The Low Carb Way

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 02 2015, 09:44

Hi

Yes, this is a lovely recipe. You can use coconut cream which is usually available from your local supermarket / shop.

Here is a bit more detail about it

"Coconut cream is very similar to coconut milk but contains less water. The difference is mainly consistency. It has a thicker, more paste-like consistency, while coconut milk is generally a liquid. Coconut cream is used as an ingredient in cooking, having a mild non-sweet taste.

Coconut milk is also a main ingredient of coconut cream.

Coconut cream can be made by simmering 1 part shredded coconut with 1 part water or milk until frothy, then straining the mixture through a cheesecloth, squeezing out as much liquid as possible; this is coconut milk. The coconut milk is refrigerated and allowed to set. Coconut cream is the thick non-liquid part that separates and rises to the top of the coconut milk."

Details and more information from here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coconut_cream

I do hope you get to make this cheesecake it is lovely for a special occasion

All the best Jan
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:38

Jan,

yes I think I got it. It is sent in little packets too and you can make the coconut milk out of it by adding water too. I think it should be the thicken part of a canned coconut milk that appears separated from the rest of the liquid.

Thanks!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 02 2015, 18:51

Hi

I usually just use coconut cream, and depending on where you shop you can find different sizes. I wouldn't dilute it for this recipe - this cheesecake is a lovely rich creamy taste.

All the best Jan
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Fri Dec 25 2015, 23:21

Hi Jan,

was going to do this recipe for New Year's Eve but just want to know. How much exactly do you mean with 2 cups since there are others measures in grams? Thanks!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Dec 26 2015, 17:36

Hello there ... yes, I'm sure a cheesecake will be a popular New Year's Eve Dessert.

Measurements can so often be confusing ... one chart I refer to is this one here

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/equiv.htm

Another hint is to perhaps try out the recipe before hand ... and amend to suit your taste. However, I'm not sure if you have time to do this though ?

Hope this helps.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Dec 27 2015, 21:19

thinestever82 wrote:Hi Jan,

was going to do this recipe for New Year's Eve but just want to know. How much exactly do you mean with 2 cups since there are others measures in grams? Thanks!

We can buy sets of measuring cups in the UK they are inexpensive maybe you could find some locally in your country or failing that buy some online mine are similar the these at Amazon

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Kitchen-Craft-Stainless-Measuring-tagged/dp/B0001IWW5C
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Thu Dec 31 2015, 02:18

I did it this evening and I diet thought that it will not be ok since when I put it in the oven it was totally liquid but then, after an hour of baking it is perfect!!!! Will send picture tomorrow after decorating it! Thank you so much for this recipe!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Dec 31 2015, 11:00

thinestever82 wrote:I did it this evening and I diet thought that it will not be ok since when I put it in the oven it was totally liquid but then, after an hour of baking it is perfect!!!! Will send picture tomorrow after decorating it! Thank you so much for this recipe!

So glad you enjoyed the recipe ...
    Hope you had a lovely birthday too

All the best Jan

flower
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Sat Jan 02 2016, 22:27

Jan,

thank you! Yes it was all perfect! The only problem is that I had some ingredients that was there to be used so today I did it again and I am almost addicted to it so I need to detox myself from it! LOL
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sat Jan 02 2016, 23:51

thinestever82 wrote:Jan,

thank you! Yes it was all perfect! The only problem is  that I had some ingredients that was there to be used so today I did it again and I am almost addicted to it so I need to detox myself from it! LOL

I've not tried that recipe yet but given your glowing praise I will give it a go  Very Happy
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Jan 03 2016, 11:06

thinestever82 wrote:Jan,

thank you! Yes it was all perfect! The only problem is  that I had some ingredients that was there to be used so today I did it again and I am almost addicted to it so I need to detox myself from it! LOL

So pleased all went ok with the recipe.
    You certainly seem to have enjoyed it's creamy taste ... one serving works out at 3.3g Carbohydrates ... of course if you can not resist another helping ...

well it was your birthday celebration meal I believe ?

Hope others may try this recipe out - you can see it above in an earlier post.

All the best Jan
    thinestever82
    thinestever82

Post by thinestever82 Sun Jan 03 2016, 15:43

It was for New Year's Eve. For my birthday I asked a local bakery to make a special birthday cake for me without sugar or white flour. It was made with coconut, almonds, unsweetened chocolate and whipped cream. It only had some stevia. It was delicious.

Well firstly I thought that as for cream cheese I had to use Philadelphia (is the most similar thing we have over here) but it is indicated only in salty preparations. So I used the Slovene "Skuta" which is similar as ricotta and it worked perfectly fine. It's awesome and addicting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 09:27