THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

For All You Vino Drinkers Out There !

mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

For All You Vino Drinkers Out There ! Empty For All You Vino Drinkers Out There !

Post by mo1905 on Thu May 07 2015, 16:51

I've often heard of various health benefits of a glass of red wine but here is another recent one. Us diabetics often get bombarded with bad news & health scares so when we get some occasional good news, we need to share it lol !

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/one-glass-of-red-wine-a-night-could-help-people-with-diabetes-manage-cholesterol-and-protect-their-hearts-says-study-10230016.html

For All You Vino Drinkers Out There ! Empty Re: For All You Vino Drinkers Out There !

Post by Sally on Thu May 07 2015, 17:00

A quote from the article, "In the study, which was carried out over the course of two years, people who drank red wine saw “modest” increases in HDL."

My husband and I have always had remarkably high levels of HDL, I wonder what that tells you about us? Hic.

Sally
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

For All You Vino Drinkers Out There ! Empty Re: For All You Vino Drinkers Out There !

Post by Paul1976 on Thu May 07 2015, 17:04

Interesting stuff and I won't need much persuasion either! lol Interestingly some cardiologists seem to prescribe this too-My brothers father-in law,a lifelong teetotaler was advised to drink 1 large glass of red a day after his coronary last year and after years of abstinence-he followed the docs advice! A nice drop of plonk sure beats a statin in my book! mrgreen

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 on Thu May 07 2015, 17:32

@Paul1976 wrote:Interesting stuff and I won't need much persuasion either! lol Interestingly some cardiologists seem to prescribe this too-My brothers father-in law,a lifelong teetotaler was advised to drink 1 large glass of red a day after his coronary last year and after years of abstinence-he followed the docs advice! A nice drop of plonk sure beats a statin in my book! mrgreen

I'm going back a few years now, probably about 30 odd lol but I remember my nan used to get a bottle of stout ( Guinness I think ) a day on prescription ! Proper NHS lol !

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 on Thu May 07 2015, 17:39

@mo1905 wrote:
    @Paul1976 wrote:Interesting stuff and I won't need much persuasion either! lol Interestingly some cardiologists seem to prescribe this too-My brothers father-in law,a lifelong teetotaler was advised to drink 1 large glass of red a day after his coronary last year and after years of abstinence-he followed the docs advice! A nice drop of plonk sure beats a statin in my book! mrgreen

I'm going back a few years now, probably about 30 odd lol but I remember my nan used to get a bottle of stout ( Guinness I think ) a day on prescription ! Proper NHS lol !

Don't know about getting Guinness or Mackeson on prescription but I do know when the children were born, and I was breastfeeding, I was advised by my HCP to drink a glass of either Guinness or Mackeson each day to help with my dietary iron intake. Perhaps they had shares in the Company I don't know - but I too can remember my 'Nan' drinking the black stuff as she used to call it.

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Jan 15 2021, 17:49