THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
zand
Sally
6 posters

I wonder who paid for this one …...

Sally
    Sally

I wonder who paid for this one …... Empty I wonder who paid for this one …...

Post by Sally Fri Mar 06 2015, 17:59

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31763205

The link above goes to a BBC article, which is summed up by its title, "Low fat diet 'burns more fat', study finds". The study is by the US National Institute of Health and compares low fat and low carb, unfortunately no link is provided to the original work.

Even if the results are correct (and we all know how much "science" is fiddled), low carb is still the way to go for diabetics, but I suspect that this could be part of a fight back against the growing interest in low carb. I hope someone like Zoe Harcombe gives the paper her serious attention. Typical of the BBC to give full page publicity to this one, but never mention the recent Cape Town conference.

Sally

zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

I wonder who paid for this one …... Empty Re: I wonder who paid for this one …...

Post by zand Fri Mar 06 2015, 18:38

Well low fat did not work for me - so I don't care who says it's a good idea, I'm still not doing it again. Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

I wonder who paid for this one …... Empty Re: I wonder who paid for this one …...

Post by graham64 Fri Mar 06 2015, 21:23

Sally wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-31763205

The link above goes to a BBC article, which is summed up by its title, "Low fat diet 'burns more fat', study finds".  The study is by the US National Institute of Health and compares low fat and low carb, unfortunately no link is provided to the original work.  

Even if the results are correct (and we all know how much "science" is fiddled), low carb is still the way to go for diabetics, but I suspect that this could be part of a fight back against the growing interest in low carb.  I hope someone like Zoe Harcombe gives the paper her serious attention.  Typical of the BBC to give full page publicity to this one, but never mention the recent Cape Town conference.

Sally

Not what I would call a LC diet when 30% of cals come from carbs Shocked
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 07 2015, 11:07

graham64 wrote:

The link above goes to a BBC article, which is summed up by its title, "Low fat diet 'burns more fat', study finds".  The study is by the US National Institute of Health and compares low fat and low carb, unfortunately no link is provided to the original work.  

Even if the results are correct (and we all know how much "science" is fiddled), low carb is still the way to go for diabetics, but I suspect that this could be part of a fight back against the growing interest in low carb.  I hope someone like Zoe Harcombe gives the paper her serious attention.  Typical of the BBC to give full page publicity to this one, but never mention the recent Cape Town conference.

Sally

Not what I would call a LC diet when 30% of cals come from carbs Shocked

Almost every time I have seen a study or trial quoting a low carb diet, it has not come close to being a low carb diet. My typical days food at 30% carbs would be the thick end of 1000 calories from carbs i.e. 250 grams of carb per day. Lose weight or control BG not a chance. 50 grams to me is low carb not even keto for me and most others. 250 grams of carb is a million miles away from low carb and most people know it, including the boffins that chuck out the dross on a regular basis.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Mar 07 2015, 13:25

I wonder who paid for this one …... Let+the+eat+carbs+MA
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sat Mar 07 2015, 13:28

eddie1 wrote:
    I wonder who paid for this one …... Let+the+eat+carbs+MA

ROTFLMFAO!!!! lol! That's brilliant!!! clap
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Mar 07 2015, 17:32

Sally

Hi Sally and all ...... only goes to show we must continue to spread our good news about Low Carb Healthy Fats lifestyle (LCHF) and the many benefits it can bring to both diabetes and non diabetics - in fact the benefits it can bring to all. Smile

All the best Jan
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Wed Mar 11 2015, 13:43

A wish come true! In the opening post of this thread I wrote, " I hope someone like Zoe Harcombe gives the paper her serious attention."
    Well, she has ………..

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2015/03/did-a-low-fat-diet-beat-a-low-carb-diet-for-fat-loss/

and the answer won't surprise any of you.
    Sally
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Mar 11 2015, 15:53

Sally wrote:A wish come true!  In the opening post of this thread I wrote, " I hope someone like Zoe Harcombe gives the paper her serious attention."
    Well, she has ………..

http://www.zoeharcombe.com/2015/03/did-a-low-fat-diet-beat-a-low-carb-diet-for-fat-loss/

and the answer won't surprise any of you.
    Sally

Yes .... another great post from Zoe sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 07:27