THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Jan1
mo1905
Paul1976
sanguine
Andy12345
9 posters

Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes !

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes ! Empty Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes !

Post by Eddie Wed Feb 25 2015, 16:21

Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes ! B-rISTyXAAAFW6R

The low carb mega team don't mince their words. They may being coming to London this year, any one up for a meet up in London.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes ! Empty Re: Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes !

Post by Andy12345 Wed Feb 25 2015, 16:29

wow i love it! sure I'm up for rumble Smile

we will have to decide which of us are the rockers and which the mods though
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes ! Empty Re: Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes !

Post by sanguine Wed Feb 25 2015, 16:40

I'd love to if the dates are right Smile
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Feb 25 2015, 16:49

If family circumstances allow it I'd be up for it as well. Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Feb 25 2015, 17:44

Keep us posted Eddie ! Be a long day out for me but I'll pack my flapjacks lol !
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Feb 25 2015, 17:46

mo1905 wrote:Keep us posted Eddie ! Be a long day out for me but I'll pack my flapjacks lol !

lol Don't forget the Bananas too Mo! No need to bolus for 'em according to our old friend Nige! lol!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Feb 25 2015, 20:20

eddie1 wrote:
    Incorrect nutritional advice immediate cause of global obesity and diabetes ! B-rISTyXAAAFW6R

The low carb mega team don't mince their words. They may being coming to London this year, any one up for a meet up in London.

Great to read this - it certainly was an amazingly good LCHF Conference, have to wait and see what date the London Conference will be  Smile  

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Feb 25 2015, 22:05

mo1905 wrote:Keep us posted Eddie ! Be a long day out for me but I'll pack my flapjacks lol !

Whilst I was shopping with my Aunt she picked up a pack of chocolate bars. I checked the carb content - 17g (My Aunt isn't diabetic.) Then I picked up a Snickers bar - 26.2g carbs - just 0.2g more than the DCUK recommended flapjack recipe. affraid
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Wed Feb 25 2015, 22:32

And the incorrect nutritional advice continues from the ADA once you become diabetic  Shocked

Myth: If you have diabetes, you should only eat small amounts of starchy foods, such as bread, potatoes and pasta.

Fact: Starchy foods can be part of a healthy meal plan, but portion size is key. Whole grain breads, cereals, pasta, rice and starchy vegetables like potatoes, yams, peas and corn can be included in your meals and snacks. In addition to these starchy foods, fruits, beans, milk, yogurt, and sweets are also sources of carbohydrate that you need to count in your meal plan.

Wondering how much carbohydrate you can have? A place to start is about 45-60 grams of carbohydrate per meal. However, you may need more or less carbohydrate at meals depending on how you manage your diabetes. You and your health care team can figure out the right amount for you. Once you know how much carb to eat at a meal, choose your food and the portion size to match.

http://www.theindychannel.com/lifestyle/live-well-indiana/busted-10-diabetes-myths-debunked
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Male Posts : 209

Post by Dillinger Thu Feb 26 2015, 11:14

Eddie, but some of those people have written 'books' so cannot be trusted. Ahem.

On that myth that you should only eat small amounts of those foods; that's completely true. That is a myth. You shouldn't eat ANY of those foods.

Best

Dillinger
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 26 2015, 11:48

"Eddie, but some of those people have written 'books' so cannot be trusted. Ahem."

Jeez Dillinger that takes me back.........err to here http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/news-more-weight-loss-operations-for-diabetes.61221/page-4

My rant at the time.

DCUK Sid Bonkers Goebbels love child ?

The bonkers one is back giving it large on the forum of fun again today, here, responding to all round good guy Dillinger, who said "If you are going to dismiss Taubes but recommend Keys surely it follows that you should read both of them? Or how can you know?

"Im not recommending Keys or anyone else, I was simply stating that if someone quotes or accuses someone of something, then they should get the facts straight and not post things that are incorrect. Keys suggested that both fats and sugars should be eaten in moderation, a seemingly sensible suggestion it seems to me. He did not suggest that fat should be replaced with sugar, although that is exactly how he is depicted by many low carbers.

And to then suggest that a scientist cherry picked data is simply absurd wouldnt you agree?

Or perhaps we should all simply believe everything people write on the internet?"

Sid Bonkers

Bonkers and his lying weasel sidekick Noblehead consider themselves expert authorities on the books of Gary Taubes, both have admitted they have never read his books. But Sid did see a video on utube featuring Taubes, once.

From the same thread

"As for your suggestion to get to know Gary Taubes, I'd rather not thanks although I'm sure he is a nice chap, if I were to read or get to know every diet guru that's been mentioned on the forum my bookshelf would be creaking at the seams, I have no need or desire to follow someone else's dietary path or believes as I'm doing OK plodding along as I am btw, the sarcasm in your last two paragraph is unwarranted and it says more about you then it does me, however I'll not report in this instance."

Noblehead

Note the "I'll not report in this instance" What a paragon of manhood Noblehead is, the play ground tell tale, the teachers pet, the grovelling rat, looking for brownie points. He spends years lying and winding people up, and when he receives the mildest of criticism, he screams rape and runs to the mods. Tory party material if I ever saw it.

The trouble with Bonkers and Nobhead, they think if you tell a lie often enough, and for long enough, people will believe it, they won't ! that's been tried before.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Post by Dillinger Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:08

Reading a bit of that link reminds me why I have blocked Sid on the forum...
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:10

Dillinger wrote:Reading a bit of that link reminds me why I have blocked Sid on the forum...

Now don't you ever get just a little bit curious and have a peek at what's being said? I don't bother blocking people anymore Rolling Eyes
    Dillinger
    Dillinger

Post by Dillinger Thu Feb 26 2015, 12:16

Well Zand, I'm a bit tempted but I have no doubt whatsoever that the people I've blocked will never say anything useful or funny and that I've heard it all before from them so I'm able to resist the temptation to let them out of their cages.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Feb 26 2015, 15:14

Dillinger said.

" the people I've blocked will never say anything useful or funny"

Can't argue with that Dillinger, do you know one of the first things I noticed with the antis, is a complete lack of sense of humour or wit. Have you ever watched a Phoenix U Tube vid, jeez talk about amateur mortician. I reckon she would make a wonderful undertaker.

Name that tune in ..........err

sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Thu Feb 26 2015, 21:09

eddie1 wrote:Dillinger said.

Can't argue with that Dillinger, do you know one of the first things I noticed with the antis, is a complete lack of sense of humour or wit.

Ain't that the truth.
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Feb 26 2015, 21:12

sanguine wrote:

Can't argue with that Dillinger, do you know one of the first things I noticed with the antis, is a complete lack of sense of humour or wit.

Ain't that the truth.

Do you think a bop on the nose would help? bounce freakout
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Sat Feb 28 2015, 11:39

zand wrote:
    sanguine wrote:

Ain't that the truth.

Do you think a bop on the nose would help? bounce freakout

I miss Sid, at least he made me larf, even the newbies realised he was batshit so he was not the health hazard of someone like Phoenix, nothing funny about the squeeze box player, jeez what an unholy row eh, no wonder she looks pained. What a Face

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 09:06