THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+3
Paul1976
Jan1
tessmck
7 posters

new cocktail!

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

new cocktail! - Page 2 Empty Re: new cocktail!

Post by Jan1 Fri May 22 2015, 18:52

graham64 wrote:Never mind the cocktails I reckon you will be needing something stronger Cool

new cocktail! - Page 2 8Yo-Skye-Bottle-Glass

And would I be right in saying ... don't mix this with anything else ???
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Fri May 22 2015, 18:58

Jan1 wrote:
    graham64 wrote:Never mind the cocktails I reckon you will be needing something stronger Cool

new cocktail! - Page 2 8Yo-Skye-Bottle-Glass

And would I be right in saying ... don't mix this with anything else ???

With a 'blended' whisky I might sometimes add a mixer of some sort or just on the rocks...but a decent single malt I always take that as it comes-so smooth any other things added would ruin the smoky,peaty taste experience...Just my personal taste though. Smile

Cheers

Paul
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat May 23 2015, 14:30

Jan1 wrote:With the bank holiday nearly here, you may fancy a cocktail ? Here is a nice recipe idea.

new cocktail! - Page 2 Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2Fcf.alldayidreamaboutfood.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2015%2F05%2FStrawberry-Margaritas-5

"The best low carb fresh strawberry margaritas, with fresh berries, a splash of lime and plenty of tequila. No added sugar.

Ingredients:
    2 cups ice
    1 cup sliced strawberries
    ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
    4 ounces tequila
    1 to 2 tbsp (confectioner’s Swerve) Sweetener, depending on how sweet you like it
    2 lime wedges
    1 tsp granulated (Swerve) Sweetener for rimming
    2 strawberries

Instructions:
    In a blender, combine ice, strawberries, lime juice, tequila and (confectioner’s Swerve) sweetener. Blend until smooth.
    Run a lime wedge around the rim of two cocktail or margarita glass. Place granulated (Swerve) Sweetener in a shallow dish and run the rim of the glass through the sweetener.
    Divide margaritas between prepared glasses. Garnish with lime wedges and strawberries.
    Makes 2 large margaritas
    7 g net carbs "

With summer coming (wishful thinking maybe?) I thought this a good one to share. Margarita's may not be to everyone's liking, but to those of you who do like them ... Cheers and Good Health.

Original idea from Carolyn here

http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/?s=strawberry+margarita

All the best Jan

Think I may stick to this cocktail for this weekend!

Cheers sunny

Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 30 2015, 11:59

new cocktail! - Page 2 English-country-garden-cocktail-2

Well it is the Bank Holiday Weekend. The weather (we hope) is perfect and there you are with family and friends. Just picture the scene, the lawn is looking wonderful, the garden just glorious in the late August sunshine and as you take a sip of 'English Country Garden' ... a most pleasing bank holiday cocktail, all is well with the world ... certainly hope so. However, if the weather is not too good, please use your imagination !

To make this lovely drink here is what you do:
    INGREDIENTS
    25ml gin
    25ml St. Germain elderflower liqueur
    2 springs of mint
    1/2 a lime
    Ice
    Apple juice

INSTRUCTIONS
    In a large highball glass, place 1 spring of mint and 1/4 of the lime in the bottom. Using the end of a rolling pin, bash the mint and lime together. Fill the glass up with ice and add the gin, elderflower liqueur and top up withe apple juice. Garnish with the other sprig of mint and lime wedge.

NOTES
    If you don't have St. Germain elderflower liqueur use elderflower cordial. This is also delicious as a non-alcholic version using elderflower cordial and omitting the gin.

Also posted here http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/english-country-garden-perfect-bank.html

How about a smoked salmon blini too?

new cocktail! - Page 2 Smoked-Salmon-on-Coconut-Flour-Blinis-2-682x1024%2B(1)

Recipe can be found here https://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t324-coconut-flour-blinis-just-add-some-smoked-salmon

Cheers sunny

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sun Aug 30 2015, 12:02

That drink looks so refreshing @Jan1 Smile

Thanks flower

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 22:00