The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Share
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2304
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:02

    Saw this today on an inferior diabetes forum. Thought it was worth sharing. What are your thoughts ?


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/this-is-what-diabetes-uk-tell-t2-diabetics-via-their-website.71519/


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by zand on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:33

    lol. Well I can't even get into DCUK right now, so it looks like I'm safe from reading all that bad advice for a while. I bet the rest of you are glad you've been banned now. I'll go back and try to get in again tomorrow.

    Alternatively I could just spend the day here Smile
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2304
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:38

    Stick around here Zand :-)
    No hanging around for pages to load ! They've implanted bugs in all the trouble makers I reckon ;-)


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4847
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Jan1 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:40

    @zand wrote:lol.  Well I can't even get into DCUK right now, so it looks like I'm safe from reading all that bad advice for a while. I bet the rest of you are glad you've been banned now.  I'll go back and try to get in again tomorrow.

    Alternatively I could just spend the day here Smile

    It's always nice to see you here Zand sunny

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3805
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:40

    I have just logged in, it's working for me lol!

    DUK the charity are more shills for big pharma than any help for the average diabetic. Far too many big pharma outfits chucking money at them to keep the diet of slow death going.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2304
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:45

    eddie1 wrote:I have just logged in, it's working for me lol!


    Love it ! I miss Fatbird !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3805
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Feb 05 2015, 13:54

    @mo1905 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:I have just logged in, it's working for me lol!


    Love it ! I miss Fatbird !

    If only they knew who I am over there, it would make a few choke on their 17 grams of cornflakes and splash of semi skimmed.

    BTW Has phoenix been banned? she seems very quiet these days. I think Trudi Deakin hammered the last nail into the carboholic junkies coffins.

    What larks as Dillinger has been known to say. thumb-up


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2436
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 42
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Paul1976 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 14:07

    eddie1 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:I have just logged in, it's working for me lol!


    Love it ! I miss Fatbird !

    If only they knew who I am over there, it would make a few choke on their 17 grams of cornflakes and splash of semi skimmed.

    Not Noblehead surely Eddie?? woot lol!

    Give it a bit of time and I reckon the thread will get Sid out of his cave posting and using lot's of capital letters to shout at anyone who dares insult DUK the charity. jimlad


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3805
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Feb 05 2015, 14:26

    Paul wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:I have just logged in, it's working for me lol!


    Love it ! I miss Fatbird !

    If only they knew who I am over there, it would make a few choke on their 17 grams of cornflakes and splash of semi skimmed.

    Not Noblehead surely Eddie?? woot lol!

    Give it a bit of time and I reckon the thread will get Sid out of his cave posting and using lot's of capital letters to shout at anyone who dares insult DUK the charity. jimlad

    Stone me, I'd rather be linked to IS than that miscreant! affraid


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3805
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Feb 05 2015, 14:42

    "I looked at the website the day I was diagnosed. I quickly worked out that the diet they were recommending was pretty much what I'd been eating for years and I was hugely overweight on it. So I was so relieved to find this place and it's alternative dietary advice along with a take control of your illness ethos that was sadly lacking elsewhere."

    Just nicked the above from the flog. I was that man, I followed the high carb low fat route as recommended by the NHS, BDA and DUK and it very near croaked me.

    Could this be a devilish plot by the Government, to kill as many people off before they get to retirement age? Think of the money saved, enough to buy everyone a wheel chair, white stick and braille reading course.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by zand on Thu Feb 05 2015, 15:08

    Well my Aunt (aged 89) told me yesterday that I wouldn't reach retirement age! Such a sweet old dear. Grrrr.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3805
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 68
    Location : London

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Eddie on Thu Feb 05 2015, 15:31

    @zand wrote:Well my Aunt (aged 89) told me yesterday that I wouldn't reach retirement age!  Such a sweet old dear.  Grrrr.

    I think I have met your Aunt


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    sanguine
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 395
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 64
    Location : Devon UK

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by sanguine on Thu Feb 05 2015, 15:41

    As Dillinger alluded to over there, tell them to eat carbs, the food industry keep profiting from cheap refined carbs, BigPharma make a killing (sorry!) on the medication, and probably on dealing with the later complications too, then you die early and the Government and pension funds profit from not having to shell out money to you, and it reduces the numbers of elderly people clogging up hospital beds and costing more money later. No, it can't be that simple, shurely shome mistake?

    Yet we keep ourselves as healthy as possible and minimise cost to the NHS which we keep getting told is in financial crisis. A simple message one would think ...

    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2304
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 15:54

    The anti's do seem to be keeping a very low profile in the dietary advice columns recently. Strange ! Perhaps they have concluded the tide is turning and their arguments are groundless. Even little RRB is starting to make a few disgruntled comments amongst dishing out the best wishes :-)


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by zand on Thu Feb 05 2015, 16:10

    Meanwhile some of us can't even get to login over there now. Oh, well, that's more time to speak to you guys!
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3658
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by graham64 on Thu Feb 05 2015, 22:49

    @mo1905 wrote:Saw this today on an inferior diabetes forum. Thought it was worth sharing. What are your thoughts ?


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/this-is-what-diabetes-uk-tell-t2-diabetics-via-their-website.71519/

    Over the years there has been many discussions at the other forum regarding DUK dietary advice, this new one is no different apart from the fact Sid is not there attempting to justify the diet (it's all about portion control Rolling Eyes ) and not forgetting phoenix who in the past has also tried to give credence to the high carb low fat diet nonsense from DUK.


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2436
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 42
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Paul1976 on Fri Feb 06 2015, 13:33

    @graham64 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:Saw this today on an inferior diabetes forum. Thought it was worth sharing. What are your thoughts ?


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/this-is-what-diabetes-uk-tell-t2-diabetics-via-their-website.71519/

    Over the years there has been many discussions at the other forum regarding DUK dietary advice, this new one is no different apart from the fact Sid is not there attempting to justify the diet (it's all about portion control Rolling Eyes ) and not forgetting phoenix who in the past has also tried to give credence to the high carb low fat diet nonsense from DUK.

    Very true Graham,quite surprised to see that the 'Usual suspects' have given this most recent thread regarding DUK's diet of hell a wide berth on this occasion,have they gone into hibernation or have they finally realised that the worm has fully turned in our favour so their comments are completely futile?


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    zand
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 1940
    Join date : 2014-08-14

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by zand on Fri Feb 06 2015, 14:39

    Perhaps the usual suspects have the same problems as I have when trying to log in over there. There was I thinking it's only low carbers that are having this problem lol!
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3658
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by graham64 on Fri Feb 06 2015, 21:40

    Paul wrote:
    @graham64 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:Saw this today on an inferior diabetes forum. Thought it was worth sharing. What are your thoughts ?


    http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/this-is-what-diabetes-uk-tell-t2-diabetics-via-their-website.71519/

    Over the years there has been many discussions at the other forum regarding DUK dietary advice, this new one is no different apart from the fact Sid is not there attempting to justify the diet (it's all about portion control Rolling Eyes ) and not forgetting phoenix who in the past has also tried to give credence to the high carb low fat diet nonsense from DUK.

    Very true Graham,quite surprised to see that the 'Usual suspects' have given this most recent thread regarding DUK's diet of hell a wide berth on this occasion,have they gone into hibernation or have they finally realised that the worm has fully turned in our favour so their comments are completely futile?

    Yes I think they must have realised the game's up Paul, Trudi Deakin was the latest blow to their credibility. I almost feel sorry for them Wink  six years of spreading misinformation about LC/HF has been wasted, just what have the naysayers achieved in that time how many converts to the flawed GI diet are there Question


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

    Sponsored content

    Re: This is what Diabetes Uk tell T2's it's OK to Eat !!!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Oct 20 2018, 08:33