THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Empty I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking

Post by Jan1 Thu Aug 21 2014, 14:41

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Grand+Union+Canal

Isn't it nice to be able to enjoy two interests in one. I enjoy walking and I'm also a gongoozler. If you haven't come across the word before it's a term for people who like watching narrow boat activity. We are fortunate to have canals close by where we can go and have a walk along the canal. It's good because it's always on level ground and we can stop along the way and look at the variety of boats. The people are always friendly and are happy to chat - quite often about the weather (well it's what us Bits do) but also about the history of their boats. If you get the opportunity try it sometime, and join the gongoozlers, it's so nice to be out and about in the fresh air.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Empty Re: I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking

Post by mo1905 Thu Aug 21 2014, 17:22

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Boat10

This is me gongoozling :-)
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Empty Re: I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking

Post by Eddie Thu Aug 21 2014, 18:03

Gongoozling when I first heard the word I thought it was some sort of deviant sexual practise. Just the way my mind works. lol!

Kind regards Eddie
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 31 2014, 16:17

Well walking, strolling, gongoozling ......hope you may have had the chance to enjoy some fresh air today.

As I sit typing - the kettle is on for a refreshing cuppa, having just enjoyed three favourite pastimes in one ......that is walking, gongoozling, and for Eddie, stopping off at the fishing tackle shop for some barbless spade hooks tied to nylon and replacing his small forceps, as his old ones ended up in the lake last Thursday. We did think of Andy ("Stig of the dump") as there was a rather comfortable looking camp bed, sleeping bag and bivvy for sale. But this all-night fishing is a bit too un-civilised for Eddie and my idea of fishing is sitting reading a book on a warm sunny day whilst occasionally moving to help land a carp ....wow don't I sound knowledgeable. LOL !

Well off to make the tea sunny

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sun Aug 31 2014, 16:28

I have fished in the past but I'm too impatient to be honest but my lad goes occasionally. Last time he went I sat watching. Not far from us there was this other fisherman who had ALL the gear ( like Eddie ? ). Anyway, I sat wide eyed as he loaded up this "boat" with ground bait. Picked up his remote and steered his boat just where he wanted it. Pressed a button and dumped his ground bait ! Perfecto ! What's next ? Radar lol !
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:31

lol i have a bait boat.....with radar
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 05 2015, 14:04

The weekend will soon be here and hopefully it will be a nice sunny June weekend. A local town has it's annual summer carnival, always well attended, and of course a spot of gongoozling and a nice walk by the canal may also be enjoyed.

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Canal-boat-in-lock-on-sunny-day

We love having a walk canal-side. Life is slower, people always stop to talk and there is so much to see as you walk along the canal path. Yes ... there are even great pubs to stop a while - if you so wish! I could think of far worse ways to spend an afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.  Smile

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed Jul 15 2015, 16:01

I'm a Gongoozler - I also Like Walking Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRN8EGEXvn9Bi5Cl__6xTmOep6ew_8WU39lBeH1aeYjFak6KjGi0Q

Well the rain has stopped so is it time for a walk in the park ?

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 16:38