The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

The Big Blubber Bash Begins!

Eddie

Male Posts : 3803

The Big Blubber Bash Begins!

Post by Eddie on Mon Dec 29 2014, 14:31

Hi folks as reported elsewhere the old comic cuts (guts) need some reduction. Starting on the second of January I will start logging my progress for a 20 lbs weight loss on this thread. One weird thing I just checked out my BMI (blubber mass index) on the NHS choices website and it says current BMI 28.6 it says I should weigh between 8 stone 6 and 11 stone six, that seems like one hell of a wide range to me. Some years ago I got down to 11 stone and looked like a concentration camp victim. At 8 stone 6 I dread to think what I would look like. Jeez even a very slim Jan weighs 9 stone. It appears once again the NHS has not got a clue.

Anyway I have hired a personal trainer at great expense and I am sure this bloke knows what he is doing. Anyone else used Arthur Dunger?

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    Eddie

Re: The Big Blubber Bash Begins!

Post by Eddie on Fri Jan 02 2015, 15:17

So, the 2015 Blubber Bash Begins. 183 lbs 2 oz. a gnats over 13 stone. Target weight 165 lbs 18 lbs of blubber reduction required.

After a New Years Eve bender of heroic proportions (13 hours) no booze yesterday or for the next three months or until the weight loss has been achieved. Can I do it? will I saw a leg off just so I can go back on the booze? will I end up in the rubber Ramada? time will tell.

Only food today 2 eggs scrambled, 3 low carb chipolaters and a hand full of mushrooms. Carbs around five I will work out the fat and protein later and edit this post.

Roll on Easter

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    RANDBURG

Male Posts : 161

Post by RANDBURG on Fri Jan 02 2015, 16:34

Good Luck, I'll watch the progress (I Hope), but a good start
    graham64

Male Posts : 3481

Post by graham64 on Fri Jan 02 2015, 22:22

Best of luck peeps will be following your progress with interest hopefully you'll all achieve your weight loss targets Cool

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania on Sat Jan 03 2015, 01:27

Good Luck Eddie. I'll join you in my own journal which I just realized is a possibility here now.
    Eddie

Post by Eddie on Sun Jan 04 2015, 12:47

Thanks Horf glad to see you joining in. I am losing weight rapidly will report on that later. Been fighting of the mother of all viruses for the last few days, feeling like death warmed up is good for weight loss it appears.

Could I be going down with scurvy after six years of low carb? wtf

Eddie

Post by Eddie on Sun Jan 04 2015, 15:31

I wasn't going to weigh myself each day, but, I couldn't resist it, today's weight 181 lbs 12 oz. around 1.5 lb less in two days. This can't keep up, probably down to the virus I have been suffering with since New Years eve. That being said calories reduced by over a 1000 per day and carbs down to around 30.

I was going to list the meals and nutrient contents, but to be honest I can't be bothered. I don't expect anyone is that much interested. I have seen more action in a week old corpse than this forum is generating these days.

There you have it, I can be as negative as anyone else, nothing gets to me more than apathy, no wonder diabetics get such a raw deal, most of 'em don't give a monkeys.

Paul1976

Male Posts : 2436

Post by Paul1976 on Sun Jan 04 2015, 18:49

eddie1 wrote:

Could I be going down with scurvy after six years of low carb? wtf

OR It could be the dreaded 'Osteoporosis' biting you on the ass!! affraid I read a certain 'Blog'* a while back that 'appeared' to suggest that the inches around the waist lost by low carbing were not through loss of body fat but from the skeleton itself shrinking through bone loss!!! Shocked freakout

*I can't remember the blogs name but it had a 'Donate now' button and some dude called Charlie likes to hang out there. Wink

Post by Eddie on Tue Jan 06 2015, 14:45

Today's weight 180 lb 12 oz another pound gone in a couple of days. Seems to good to be true but the scales are very accurate. With zero booze and less food around a 1500 calories a day reduced in total. One strange thing is that it took the thick end of six years to put on the extra weight but should be back to optimum weight in six weeks or less. Over the last six days exercise has been nil I haven't even walked around the local super market and I am still gathering quotes to have the sofa removed from my arse. Evidently it's a major task. affraid

Mo, Horf, Ali and Paul how is your blubber bash going?

mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Post by mo1905 on Tue Jan 06 2015, 18:22

Great progress so far Eddie, nice one. As for me, no further weigh-ins as yet but still no beer and grabbed another 60mins on the treadmill at work yesterday.

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania on Thu Jan 08 2015, 19:03

Great work Eddie. Isn't it amazing how an illness can suppress an appetite?

I have blown my diet since entering this challenge due to my 65th birthday a few days ago but am back on track now.
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Post by mo1905 on Sun Jan 11 2015, 15:27

How's your progress Eddie ? You picked that virus ?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jul 16 2018, 15:52