THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Fibre and Five Good Low Carb Foods

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Fibre and Five Good Low Carb Foods Empty Fibre and Five Good Low Carb Foods

Post by Jan1 Tue Dec 09 2014, 17:19

The question has been asked many times before ......If you are living the LCHF lifestyle  - where do you stand on Fibre?

What foods do you eat that have a good fibre level?

Well, as you know, I am not a medical expert but from personal experience and reading around these would be my top five foods that are good for fibre and good for low carb.

1) Avocado
    The avocado is a real diabetes super food, and anyone's super food! It provides a good level of those good for us,unsaturated fatty acids. Plus avocados deliver almost 20 vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients -- which are the special plant chemicals that convey myriad health benefits.

2) Artichoke
    Artichokes have been shown to lower LDL (bad cholesterol) and increase HDL (good cholesterol) ! They are packed with antioxidants, making them incredible defenders against cancer, aging, heart disease, and illness. They can boost the immune system. They are also packed with vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients that increase health and wellbeing.

3) Blackberries
    Blackberries with double cream is a lovely dessert and can provide a great deal of health benefits. They help to lower your risk of heart disease and stroke, and they may lower your risk of certain cancers. Blackberries have a low fat / high dietary fibre content which helps with weight loss as they are satisfying without adding on the pounds. Blackberries also contain Vitamins A and C work which work together as antioxidants to help strengthen the immune system.

4) Broccoli
    A low carbers super vegetable. Just do a google search and find the brilliant nutrients it provides... including Vitamins K, E, C, some B, plus minerals such as manganese, potassium and fibre of course! When cooking steaming is best to hold on to the great nutrients. Have a look around this Forum for some great Broccoli recipe ideas.

5)Raspberries
    Great tasting fruit when served with double cream or how about making a low carb raspberry cake? Check out some good recipes in the recipe section! The three top nutrients of raspberries are Vitamin C, Manganese and Fibre ....what more could you ask for.

These are just five great foods - there are plenty more.

My thanks to Wiki, Worlds Healthiest Foods and Food Facts for some of the details here.  sunny

Happy and Healthy Eating

All the best Jan
    Sharon

Fibre and Five Good Low Carb Foods Empty Re: Fibre and Five Good Low Carb Foods

Post by Sharon Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:26

blackberries raspberries blueberries with double cream make a nice dessert . this year i picked lots of blackberries from bushes near where I live . very cheap .
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Tue Dec 09 2014, 20:38

Sharon wrote:blackberries raspberries blueberries with double cream make a nice dessert . this year i picked lots of blackberries from bushes near where I live . very cheap .

I did the same and picked a load of Blackberries in October-Nothing better and cheaper than Natures bounty eh? Very Happy
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Tue Dec 09 2014, 22:57

I hate broccoli but never tire of berries and cream.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:59