THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Andy12345
Two Collies
mo1905
zand
Eddie
9 posters

Would you take diet advice from this man?

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Would you take diet advice from this man? Empty Would you take diet advice from this man?

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 26 2014, 11:02

Would you take diet advice from this man? Proxy?url=http%3A%2F%2F1.bp.blogspot.com%2F-85LT8bZuZig%2FVHWtO9D31qI%2FAAAAAAAAIXU%2F6Lo4aiMscVU%2Fs1600%2Fbog%252Bbrush

Douglas99 aka 'the bog brush' is at it again over at the flog. Evidently someone has told him at DUK diabetes is always progressive. As others have pointed out, if you follow the sort of dietary advice from the NHS, BDA and DUK diabetes is always progressive. Duggie over three years a diabetic and up to recently scoffing pot noodles and other complete junk, certainly knows how to prolong the agony. Over three years in and still fooling around with diets, the latest gimmick is the Newcastle Diet of starvation.

Over time Duggie has grown on me, he is a sort of semi-amphibious version of Sid Bonkers. Lots to say but nothing of any use to the average diabetic. The $64000 question, would you take dietary advice from the bloke ? One thing cannot be denied, Duggie boy does liven up the flog. What a newbie makes of his antics can only be imagined, but make no mistake, Duggie has got future admin or mod written all over him.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Would you take diet advice from this man? Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 26 2014, 14:28

WTF was his 'progressive condition' thread all about I want to know! Cryptic questions and all this "I will give you their answer when you reply..." How? Is he high up at DUK? would explain a lot considering us low carbers are doing the exact opposite of what they advocate.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Would you take diet advice from this man? Empty Re: Would you take diet advice from this man?

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 26 2014, 15:25

afro lol! freakout
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 26 2014, 16:30

DCUK Quote of the day.

"The only way I can manage high-fat meals is to split-dose, taking one injection before food and another 2-3 hours after the meal is finished." Noblehead

Noblehead is a master at leaving out the most enlightening part of his anti fats posts. That is he has said this week he eats up to 200 grams of carb per day "more at weekends" So, what he should have said was when I eat a high carb high fat meal I have to split-dose. For most low carb high fat eating diabetics using injected insulin this is not a problem and split doses are not usually required.

Most enlightened diabetics and non diabetics know the worse possible combination for stable weight and blood glucose control is a high fat high carb meal. Nige may fool the newbies and non clued up but not those who are half awake.

Link to quote here. http://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/high-gi-but-high-fat.67990/
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Wed Nov 26 2014, 19:45

Ah Eddie, you've forgotten about DAFNE who gives encouragement to eat these 'normal' high carb high fat meals. And you've also forgotten that we type 2's obviously don't know anything about the mysterious world of type 1 Wink Rolling Eyes

Here it is again..'Don't blame the butter for what the bread did' Aaaaarrrggghhh it's the carbs that are the problem! What is wrong with these people? Mad
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 26 2014, 21:06

weve been getting wrong Sad

140 - 240g day is the way to go
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Nov 26 2014, 21:09

So I need to go and eat 118-218g carbs right now to make my daily total right?  Nah, I don't think so.  My BG's say otherwise.  Smile  And I'm sure yours do too Wink

Last edited by zand on Wed Nov 26 2014, 22:28; edited 1 time in total
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Wed Nov 26 2014, 21:12

Andy12345 wrote:weve been getting wrong Sad

140 - 240g  day is the way to go

I saw that too mate-getting more outrageous by the day I would say but having said that I do know of folks who eat 240 grams a day of carbs with good BG results...They're typically known as 'Non diabetics' woot
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Wed Nov 26 2014, 21:15

or lieing semi equatic creatures? in the semi equatic creatures carbs dont effect blood glucose levels, maybe a cure for diabetes is finding then living in atlantas? i bet captain nemo lived on pot noodles
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Wed Nov 26 2014, 22:25

Andy12345 wrote:weve been getting wrong Sad

140 - 240g  day is the way to go

I have given Duggie some serious thought, how does a man not count carbs "I would guess I'm around 140 to 240 g of low GI carbs, but I don't particularly count nowadays" have such a wide range 140 to 240 per day and still talk of fasting BG in the low fours. Could it be the tight rubber suit, does it constrict his blood flow and give false meter readings because his hands have gone numb? is the guy half man half reptile? Is Duggie the biggest BS merchant since the legendary Gezzathorpe? Is he in fact Gezzathorpe? Every now and again someone comes along that defies all known experience. I said some time ago I think we are seeing a God, are we witnessing the return of Neptune God Of The Seas.  

Would you take diet advice from this man? Rogerdusky+Poseidon+god+of+the+seas
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Wed Nov 26 2014, 22:39

I've never had to split dose my insulin ever and latest HbA1C is 41. Douggie seems more of a protected species than a snow leopard ! How does he get away with posting all this dross ? Where are the mods ? How is it the likes of Andy or Zand only have to sneeze to get a weeks ban, this guy manages to slip through the net ? If a newbie followed his advice, they'd soon have feet like a mountain goat !
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Wed Nov 26 2014, 22:55

mo1905 wrote:I've never had to split dose my insulin ever and latest HbA1C is 41. Douggie seems more of a protected species than a snow leopard ! How does he get away with posting all this dross ? Where are the mods ? How is it the likes of Andy or Zand only have to sneeze to get a weeks ban, this guy manages to slip through the net ? If a newbie followed his advice, they'd soon have feet like a mountain goat !

Ahem! Some of us haven't had a ban (yet), I've just had the 2 warnings so far, and I'm trying hard to keep it that way. Aaaaaatchoo! Nah, I'm sure they wouldn't........ Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 27 2014, 00:09

zand wrote:
    mo1905 wrote:I've never had to split dose my insulin ever and latest HbA1C is 41. Douggie seems more of a protected species than a snow leopard ! How does he get away with posting all this dross ? Where are the mods ? How is it the likes of Andy or Zand only have to sneeze to get a weeks ban, this guy manages to slip through the net ? If a newbie followed his advice, they'd soon have feet like a mountain goat !

Ahem!  Some of us haven't had a ban (yet), I've just had the 2 warnings so far, and I'm trying hard to keep it that way.  Aaaaaatchoo!  Nah, I'm sure they wouldn't........ Smile

Apologies Zand, didn't mean to smear your good character :-)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 27 2014, 08:17

Would I take diet advice from this man? From seeing the photo? Yes, why not? Now I've listened to his approach to diet, I choose to carry on with my own.

If I posted a photo of myself, you would probably say 'Would you take diet advice from this woman?' too. Smile
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 27 2014, 08:39

zand wrote:Would I take diet advice from this man?  From seeing the photo?  Yes, why not?  Now I've listened to his approach to diet, I choose to carry on with my own.

If I posted a photo of myself, you would probably say 'Would you take diet advice from this woman?' too. Smile

Only if you wore a diving suit ;-)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 27 2014, 08:41

mo1905 wrote:
    zand wrote:Would I take diet advice from this man?  From seeing the photo?  Yes, why not?  Now I've listened to his approach to diet, I choose to carry on with my own.

Only if you wore a diving suit ;-)

lol they don't make them big enough! Smile
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Nov 27 2014, 08:54

he looks like a human toilet brush
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 27 2014, 09:10

Would you take diet advice from this man? Tubby10

Me in diving suit :-)
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 27 2014, 09:12

mo1905 wrote:Would you take diet advice from this man? Tubby10

lol nice!
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 27 2014, 09:17

Andy12345 wrote:

he looks like a human toilet brush

Now I feel that is unnecessarily rude, Andy. I, for one, am jealous of his hair. I wish I had that much. Since I am no beauty queen myself I get quite upset when people make fun of how others look. I would love to be drop dead gorgeous but I'm not. Comments like these put me off posting photos of myself.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Thu Nov 27 2014, 09:28

I think it's more to do with what he's wearing Zand, the diving suit ? That for me is where the humour lies.
    Point taken though, we shouldn't always judge people by a pic alone. Unfortunately though, his dietary advice is as amusing as his outfit :-)
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Thu Nov 27 2014, 10:51

Just wait 'til the fart gets through the neck seal! affraid No
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 27 2014, 17:36

Two Collies wrote:

Just wait 'til the fart gets through the neck seal! affraid No

That's what a diet of pot noodles and junk does to you, maybe you have cracked the mystery Two Collies, that's what the big yellow valve is for on the front of his rubber suit. I thought it was for inserting a handle to wind him up.

Bring out the Gimp!

Would you take diet advice from this man? MRvvAbPJAyGmghHfAH1PfpQ
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Nov 27 2014, 20:57

I'm afraid what I said was for duggies benefit, I know he reads this forum and want him to hate me as much as I do him, he's a disgrace, I'd happily say it to his face given the chance
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Thu Nov 27 2014, 22:29

Well I'm out of this thread then. Sorry, this is playground bullying and I'm not gonna be part of it, I'll leave you 'men' to it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 21:44