THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+17
RANDBURG
sanguine
mo1905
Sharon
Paul1976
Indy51
OldTech
AliB
graham64
JohnWilson
zand
Xyz
Mud Island Dweller
Scandichic
Andy12345
horfilmania
Mrs Vimes
21 posters

Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate

Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate Empty Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate

Post by Guest Sat Aug 16 2014, 19:10

Popped into my local Waitrose earlier for my Saturday evening chocolate treat. I always go for the 85% or 90% cocoa bars, and noticed Lindt Excellence 90% blow-your-socks-off-after-one-square Dark Supreme is currently on offer at £1.89. With a My Waitrose card I got it for £1.70. Resistance is futile....  Very Happy 
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate Empty Re: Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 16 2014, 20:43

Thanks for this 'tip off' we always have the 85/90 dark chocolate in the house.

I will be using 'My Waitrose' card again soon I can see.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Aug 16 2014, 22:13

Buy 3 bars and get a free newspaper too :-)

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:29

Great idea chocolate ...and a newspaper and a coffee....we are doing very well ....only have to pay for the chocolate ..... flower 
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Female Posts : 156

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:44

Kat100 wrote:Great idea chocolate ...and a newspaper and a coffee....we are doing very well ....only have to pay for the chocolate ..... flower 

Best idea ever off a lowcarber was one square of 90% in a cup of coffee with sweeteners. Can't remember who it was but it is one of my favourite treats now.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 17:58

Treats are always nice .....  sunny 

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:00

Mrs Vimes wrote:
    Kat100 wrote:Great idea chocolate ...and a newspaper and a coffee....we are doing very well ....only have to pay for the chocolate ..... flower 

Best idea ever off a lowcarber was one square of 90% in a cup of coffee with sweeteners. Can't remember who it was but it is one of my favourite treats now.
    Thank you for that ...I take my coffee without milk , so a bit of chocolate melted in sounds like a great idea ....thank you for the suggestion ...x
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:19

I think it may have been Scandichics suggestion but I do enjoy it. With sugar free jelly that would be the best treat ever! You can tell I live on the edge.

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:38

Mrs Vimes wrote:I think it may have been Scandichics suggestion but I do enjoy it. With sugar free jelly that would be the best treat ever! You can tell I live on the edge.
    Ha ha....living on the edge is fine.... I dont do,jelly ....finding a veggie one hard to get....I have a soya yogurt ...sometimes I freeze them as well just for a bit of excitement ....I only like,about one a week ...
    Tonight I have strawberries and water melon .... flower 

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:39

In September I am going to make a crumble .....
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 17 2014, 18:40

Kat100 wrote:
    Mrs Vimes wrote:I think it may have been Scandichics suggestion but I do enjoy it. With sugar free jelly that would be the best treat ever! You can tell I live on the edge.
    Ha ha....living on the edge is fine.... I dont do,jelly ....finding a veggie one hard to get....I have a soya yogurt ...sometimes I freeze them as well just for a bit of excitement ....I only like,about one a week ...

Steady now - it's not a Saturday night you know!

Post by Guest Sun Aug 17 2014, 19:29

lol! 
    Mrs Vimes wrote:
    Kat100 wrote:

Steady now - it's not a Saturday night you know!

Funny you should say that ....a neighbour gave me a book of the year to read just this morning .....now that is a Saturday night read ... lol! 
    horfilmania
    horfilmania

Female Posts : 68

Post by horfilmania Wed Aug 20 2014, 18:57

90% dark chocolate is the only allowable treat for me as all low carb desserts make me overeat so I've stopped making them. I never overeat the chocolate.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Fri Aug 22 2014, 21:40

Lindt is great chocolate, but one we often buy is Sainsbury's Taste the Difference 85% Cocoa. It's handy to have the pack that contains five bars as each bar is 4.2 carbs.

Do you know what ...... that's only 2.1 carbs each if we share  lol! 

All the best Jan
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Aug 23 2014, 10:39

i do have a slight problem with chocolate Sad 70% - 90% its very hard no to eat a lot of it if its 70, a little easier with the 90 but i really need to cut down

mrs vimes, do you actually drop the square into the drink? does it not just melt and leave a slushy chocolate bottom in the cup? ill try it today lol i love to drink hot drinks while eating the choccy but never tried it in the drink
    Scandichic
    Scandichic

Female Posts : 109

Post by Scandichic Sat Aug 23 2014, 12:01

Sorry but I cannot claim this one. But choc mug cake recipe which I make by swapping out the plain choc for choc orange from Lidl. That's mine. Yum. About to make a cake for guests. Betty Crocker special so will just have to have thin slice.  Sad Sad 
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Aug 23 2014, 16:02

l always dip my chocolate 90%. No just dip like a bicci not to long few seconds suck off melted and dunk suc off melted dunk.....you get the idea. Also nice in my hot milk.

By the likes you lot have expensive tastes. Sainsburys do 90% and often have it on special offer. l am lower class than you all so l go to them for my 90% Lindt :-))
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Sat Aug 23 2014, 18:57

Andy12345 wrote:i do have a slight problem with chocolate Sad 70% - 90% its very hard no to eat a lot of it if its 70, a little easier with the 90 but i really need to cut down

mrs vimes, do you actually drop the square into the drink? does it not just melt and leave a slushy chocolate bottom in the cup? ill try it today lol i love to drink hot drinks while eating the choccy but never tried it in the drink

Put the square in the bottom and pour the hot coffee on top then stir. If you don't you still get a taste but it does stay at the bottom. Love it !
    Xyz

Female Posts : 66

Post by Xyz Sat Aug 23 2014, 20:56

Mrs Vimes wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:i do have a slight problem with chocolate Sad 70% - 90% its very hard no to eat a lot of it if its 70, a little easier with the 90 but i really need to cut down

Put the square in the bottom and pour the hot coffee on top then stir. If you don't you still get a taste but it does stay at the bottom. Love it !

What a fantastic idea.

And I love your avatar. It's perfect.
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Aug 23 2014, 21:44

Mrs Vimes wrote:

awesome! im definately gonna try it (all in the nme of science of course) thanks Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:45

For those that like Lindt Chocolate ......... Sainsburys have it on special offer at the moment 25% off. I think that means current price is £1-50 a bar ?

This price is for all their Lindt chocolate. We have the higher percentage cocoa 85/90% but for those that can tolerate a few chunks of the 70% you may wish to purchase.
    Just a thought  Smile

All the best Jan
    Mrs Vimes
    Mrs Vimes

Post by Mrs Vimes Sun Aug 31 2014, 17:46

Thanks Jan, will stock up.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sat Sep 13 2014, 13:25

.......Hi all, for those who are dark chocolate lovers, in Tesco the other day we spotted their own 'Finest Swiss 85% dark chocolate' Carb count for two squares 3.7g.

Not Lindt but I think to a dark chocolate connoisseur ...acceptable.

What do you think  Question

All the best Jan
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Sat Sep 13 2014, 14:14

Yes I like Tesco Swiss dark chocolate. I prefer the Lindt 90% when I can get it though. Yum!
    JohnWilson

Post by JohnWilson Sat Sep 13 2014, 15:49

One of the pleasures of the crap Saturday TV schedules is headphones, a whisky and 90% dark chocolate. I gum 2 squares to death.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 17:21