The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

New 6 step plan to tackle T2 diabetes

mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

New 6 step plan to tackle T2 diabetes

Post by mo1905 on Sun Nov 09 2014, 18:16

I note one of the steps is monitoring ! Be nice if everyone had the chance eh ?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/532841/Simple-lifestyle-changes-stop-Britain-s-diabetes-crisis

Male Posts : 2434

Re: New 6 step plan to tackle T2 diabetes

Post by Paul1976 on Sun Nov 09 2014, 18:27

Also this statement offered a glimmer of hope...My bold text

"The good news is that improvements can ­happen really quickly.

Reducing sugar and understanding that some starchy carbohydrates have almost the same effect as eating sugar can bring about swift changes.

I would change 'Some' to 'All' but it's positive to see yet another HCP advocate dropping the starchy carbs-something of a rarity from most HCP's and most certainly DUK.org the charity.

Male Posts : 3165

Post by graham64 on Sun Nov 09 2014, 21:36

@mo1905 wrote:I note one of the steps is monitoring ! Be nice if everyone had the chance eh ?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/health/532841/Simple-lifestyle-changes-stop-Britain-s-diabetes-crisis

I hope he was referring to BG monitoring but somehow I doubt it Rolling Eyes  Don't forget many HCPs tell T2s that testing can make us depressed, give us sore fingers  and the latest using the lancet can cause infections Laughing

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 24 2018, 03:53