THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Crepes very low carb.

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Crepes very low carb.  Empty Crepes very low carb.

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 06 2014, 16:34

Crepes very low carb.  Copy%20of%20Crepe

These crepes are virtually carb. free and are very easy to make.

Ingredients.
    200 Grams of ricotta cheese
    3 eggs
    I teaspoon of cinnamon
    A splash of milk

Method

Mix the cheese, eggs and cinnamon into a small mixing bowl. Add a slash of milk if the mix is to thick to run freely. Place a small knob of butter into a frying pan, I use a small omelette pan 8". Heat the butter and spoon in 3 table spoons of mix. Fry until firm then turn over and cook for one minute or until the crepe is starting to brown. This mix makes between 6 and 8 crepes. Allow to cool and fill with cream cheese and finely chopped spring onions or smoked salmon and asparagus tips, whatever you like. Roll up the crepe and enjoy. Great at any time and very good for the lunch box or picnics. Also great warmed up with a scoop of low carb ice cream, some low carb berries and double cream.
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Crepes very low carb.  Empty Re: Crepes very low carb.

Post by zand Thu Nov 06 2014, 16:36

Eddie they look wonderful! I think that's a recipe with eggs that I might actually be able to eat. You are a genius Very Happy
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 06 2014, 16:45

The amazing thing is these crepes don't taste of cheese, unless you put cheese in them when made. The thing to remember is, if I can do something in the kitchen, anyone can make it. I honestly had never boiled an egg in my life before becoming a diabetic. 65 years of age at the end of the year and less than six months of living without a Woman. I've been spoilt rotten. I do my share of the housework though, honest.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Thu Nov 06 2014, 17:03

I make them sometimes using cream/soft cheese with the addition of a spoon or two of ground almonds to give them a little more substance.

As I fry them I drop in blueberries, raspberries or a little chopped apple, or roll them up when cooked with a bit of unsweetened apple sauce in the middle and a generous dollop of cream.

You can add a little bit of Stevia to sweeten them, or if you are daring, drizzle a little honey.

They are also pretty good as a savoury crepe with seafood, or some other filling.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 06 2014, 17:08

Ali I am beginning to think you have cornered the worlds supply of honey, only kidding. lol!
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Thu Nov 06 2014, 17:50

AliB wrote:I make them sometimes using cream/soft cheese with the addition of a spoon or two of ground almonds to give them a little more substance.  

As I fry them I drop in blueberries, raspberries or a little chopped apple, or roll them up when cooked with a bit of unsweetened apple sauce in the middle and a generous dollop of cream.

You can add a little bit of Stevia to sweeten them, or if you are daring, drizzle a little honey.

They are also pretty good as a savoury crepe with seafood, or some other filling.

This sounds a lovely variation Ali .....thanks

All the best Jan
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:04

I've got a whacky idea that might work but omit the Cinnamon and add some dried Basil to the mix instead and wrap the crepes around some Mozzerella,Salami,chopped mushrooms,onions and a bit of sundried tomato paste and bake and you might have a pretty decent low carb italian Calzone. Smile
    Eddie
    Eddie

Post by Eddie Thu Nov 06 2014, 18:13

Sounds damn cool to me, how about changing the cheese for Roquefort, Jeez enough to blow your taste buds into orbit. But never forget, this low carb lark is boring, and only the toughest can keep to it long term.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Thu Nov 06 2014, 23:29

You could use mozzarella instead of ricotta Paul. It works to make a good pizza base with cauli, so worth trying with eggs.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 06:40