THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+4
mo1905
zand
Paul1976
Mud Island Dweller
8 posters

Statins and Insurance

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Statins and Insurance Empty Statins and Insurance

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Nov 03 2014, 13:23

I refuse statins and even if l have a stroke or heart attack thst will stand.
    However we are going on holiday next year l was asked if l was on statins..no
    were you ever offered them ...yes told them to shove it. After a very long discusion with the agent about what l understood about statins then (since learned much more) She was sympathetic but l got a black mark in insurance for the holiday against me.
    Wondered if anyone else had suffered this and a warning if you refuse statins and are going on holiday to ..... be aware!
    l got insurance but cost more.
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Statins and Insurance Empty Re: Statins and Insurance

Post by Paul1976 Mon Nov 03 2014, 13:30

Mud Island Dweller wrote:I refuse statins and even if l have a stroke or heart attack thst will stand.
    However we are going on holiday next year l was asked if l was on statins..no
    were you ever offered them ...yes told them to shove it. After a very long discusion with the agent about what l understood about statins then (since learned much more)  She was sympathetic but l got a black mark in insurance for the holiday against me.
    Wondered if anyone else had suffered this and a warning if you refuse statins and are going on holiday to ..... be aware!
    l got insurance but cost more.

Wow! Sad I never knew that would go against you and I too am a statin refuser but after hearing your experiences I'm likely to 'pretend' that I've never been offered them TBH. freakout
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Post by zand Mon Nov 03 2014, 13:34

That's interesting MID. This is slightly at a tangent but..... When I went into hospital with chest pains in the Summer the senior nurse asked me if I was taking statins. I said "No". She said "You are diabetic and you have been advised to take statins and you don't take them?!" I said I hadn't been 'advised' to take them, I had merely been offered them and declined them: no-one had said I should take them. She went away shaking her head and tutting. What a Face Rolling Eyes
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Nov 03 2014, 13:44

l. would never suggest you ermm lie that would get you in trouble esp as you would have no hx of scripts. Just sort of heads up if "planning" a holiday :-)
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Nov 03 2014, 13:46

If offered and refused and you said taken them would be a problem.....should be a papertrail even though l dont eat paper :-)
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:07

I had similar problems. I don't take statins any more but just because they've been PRESCRIBED was enough. I'm not sure how much it affected the policy but it is classed as a risk and so it increases price. My also have to declare BP meds.
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Mon Nov 03 2014, 14:39

What so many do not seem to realise is the powers that be want as many people as possible medicated for life. Some boffins have said children should be on statins and one outfit believed statin drugs in the drinking water supply would be a good thing. Here is a fact I read today, that even rocked and old cynic like me. Evidently us Brits are the most medicated people in the whole of the western world.

Off to find the link I will edit this post when I find it.
    AliB
    AliB

Female Posts : 377

Post by AliB Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:38

It's all about CONTROL....

Big Brother is alive and living with YOU.....
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:50

...slightly off topic but aren't we the nation with the most CCTV camera's?

There is someone out there watching you. freakout

Any kind of insurance isn't cheap and if firms can ask for more money 'as the policy dictates' they will.

Talking about insurance - do you have to take out any extra insurance when doing these long distant type runs? 

Jan

flower
    Sally
    Sally

Post by Sally Mon Nov 03 2014, 16:55

Jan wrote,
    Not off topic at all, Jan.  They are there to make sure you don't drop your prescriptions in a litter bin on the way home from the surgery.
    Sally
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Mon Nov 03 2014, 17:01

Sally wrote:Jan wrote,
    Not off topic at all, Jan.  They are there to make sure you don't drop your prescriptions in a litter bin on the way home from the surgery.
    Sally

Lol !
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller Mon Nov 03 2014, 17:48

Only if you want Jan l joined an OCR site called Mudstacle (brilliant info and independant not sponsered by big companies and run by an OCR nut lovely guy :-D) which has an insurance as its membership designed for OCR so l am covered at a race. Main reason l joined was for insurance.

l had to check up on Mudstacle cover they said if l am racing/excercising l must be fit and so long as it is where there is officials such as race/gym/training camp l am covered was so pleased they did not care about the diabetes l told them t2 diet and 1x tablet a day....they were not bothered.
    lf l was off running on my own and hurt myself they wouldnt cover me.

l have a general insurance for outside of racing and that covers non event injuries but not race.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:02

Mud Island Dweller wrote:Only if you want Jan l joined an OCR site called Mudstacle (brilliant info and independant not sponsered by big companies and run by an OCR nut lovely guy :-D) which has an insurance as its membership designed for OCR so l am covered at a race. Main reason l joined was for insurance.

l had to check up on Mudstacle cover they said if l am racing/excercising l must be fit and so long as it is where there is officials such as race/gym/training camp l am covered was so pleased they did not care about the diabetes l told them t2 diet and 1x tablet a day....they were not bothered.
    lf l was off running on my own and hurt myself they wouldnt cover me.

l have a general insurance for outside of racing and that covers non event injuries but not race.

Thanks MID .....hope training is going well and your ankle is fully recovered now.

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Tue Nov 04 2014, 18:12

mo1905 wrote:
    Sally wrote:Jan wrote,
    Sally

Lol !

Loved your reply Sally - and Mo beat me to it lol!

Out and about today, I thought of this post topic, because the number of CCTV camera's about in the high street these days. Wonder if those that look at them can lip read?

Mind you some pictures you see from CCTV images it's hard to make them out, going on some I've seen on Crimewatch etc.

Sorry still off topic a bit from the original title .....never mind  Smile  

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 05:31