The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.


Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

    LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Share
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3722
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Oct 15 2014, 15:04

    "HI All, great news: we are back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October! Thanks for your support. And for those of you who don't have a Waitrose near you we have also opened an online store: http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/#buy-online

    We hope you can enjoy our toasts and sandwiches very soon.

    The LivLife team"


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Paul1976
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2431
    Join date : 2014-08-12
    Age : 41
    Location : East midlands,UK

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Paul1976 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 15:30

    I'd all but given up on being able to buy that again,same as the HiLo bread in Sainsburys so cheers for the heads up eddie.


    _________________
    Illegitimi non carborundum
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 15:40

    Any of those chocolate Pot Noodles in there by any chance ;-)


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4026
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Jan1 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 17:38

    eddie1 wrote:"HI All, great news: we are back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October! Thanks for your support. And for those of you who don't have a Waitrose near you we have also opened an online store: http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/#buy-online

    We hope you can enjoy our toasts and sandwiches very soon.

    The LivLife team"

    This is good news for those low carbers who still want to eat a slice of low carb bread Smile

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:09

    Brilliant Smile I really like it Smile

    The sainsburys hi lo I hated tbh, I threw the whole loaf minus one slice in the bin only to find the wife had (kindly) bought me a new loaf the next week lol
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4026
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Jan1 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:12

    @Andy12345 wrote:

    The sainsburys hi lo I hated tbh, I threw the whole loaf minus one slice in the bin only to find the wife had (kindly) bought me a new loaf the next week lol

    Couldn't you have used it for fishing Andy ?

    Jan sunny
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:14

    Hehe not sure even the summer carp would've eaten it Smile
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:15

    And time to go fishing would be a fine thing Smile haven't been in..... Feels like forever Sad
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4026
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Jan1 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:18

    @Andy12345 wrote:And time to go fishing would be a fine thing Smile haven't been in..... Feels like forever Sad

    Time ....and even the weather at the moment is against fishing.

    You could always watch a fishing video Smile

    All the best Jan
    avatar
    Jan1
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Female Posts : 4026
    Join date : 2014-08-13

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Jan1 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:23

    I agree with Andy I like a slice of LivLife Bread too. I reckon Waitrose next Monday will be busy and the shelves will empty quite quickly.

    @Andy12345 wrote:Brilliant Smile I really like it Smile

    Jan flower
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 22:27

    Oh I'm always watching them hehe, i subscribe to some great YouTube fishermen too Smile

    All weather is good for fishing though Smile just sitting in my bivvy praying I don't get a bite cos its peeing it down only to pray I do the second it stops Smile

    The rain is lovely when your watching it all tucked up dry and cosy
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2865
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by graham64 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:01

    I'll be at Waitrose come Monday morning it's got to be before noon as they had usually sold out If I go any later


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3722
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:05

    @Andy12345 wrote:Oh I'm always watching them hehe, i subscribe to some great YouTube fishermen too Smile

    All weather is good for fishing though Smile just sitting in my bivvy praying I don't get a bite cos its peeing it down only to pray I do the second it stops Smile

    The rain is lovely when your watching it all tucked up dry and cosy

    Admit it Andy you only go fishing to get away from work and her indoors. lol!


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:07

    Blimey ! Fishing IN THE RAIN for me would be worse than shopping in the sales on Boxing Day !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:10

    eddie1 wrote:
    @Andy12345 wrote:Oh I'm always watching them hehe, i subscribe to some great YouTube fishermen too Smile

    All weather is good for fishing though Smile just sitting in my bivvy praying I don't get a bite cos its peeing it down only to pray I do the second it stops Smile

    The rain is lovely when your watching it all tucked up dry and cosy

    Admit it Andy you only go fishing to get away from work and her indoors. lol!



    Hell yes! I happily admit that even to the family lol quote "your doing my nut in, I'm going fishing" lol the wife even tells me to go when im grumpy I think me going benefits everyone lol
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:14

    @mo1905 wrote:Blimey ! Fishing IN THE RAIN for me would be worse than shopping in the sales on Boxing Day !


    I caught my biggest fish in a freezing hurricane weekend in January lol I spent the night clinging to my bivvy expecting to lift off the ground, it broke a 400 quid bivvy but was the best weekend ever with a photo of the 30 pounder in the camera Smile
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3722
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:14

    @Andy12345 wrote:
    eddie1 wrote:
    @Andy12345 wrote:Oh I'm always watching them hehe, i subscribe to some great YouTube fishermen too Smile

    All weather is good for fishing though Smile just sitting in my bivvy praying I don't get a bite cos its peeing it down only to pray I do the second it stops Smile

    The rain is lovely when your watching it all tucked up dry and cosy

    Admit it Andy you only go fishing to get away from work and her indoors. lol!



    Hell yes! I happily admit that even to the family lol quote "your doing my nut in, I'm going fishing" lol the wife even tells me to go when im grumpy I think me going benefits everyone lol

    Let's set a date set in the next few weeks, you can have the tent and I'll check into a local hotel. Give me a ring mate.


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    Andy12345
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 1637
    Join date : 2014-08-14
    Age : 47
    Location : Surrey

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Andy12345 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:16

    Lol I wished, my shed (gym to be) is my one and only love for the time being Smile
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:17

    @Andy12345 wrote:
    @mo1905 wrote:Blimey ! Fishing IN THE RAIN for me would be worse than shopping in the sales on Boxing Day !


    I caught my biggest fish in a freezing hurricane weekend in January lol I spent the night clinging to my bivvy expecting to lift off the ground, it broke a 400 quid bivvy but was the best weekend ever with a photo of the 30 pounder in the camera Smile

    I actually envy geezers like you cos I so wish I could enjoy fishing but it just don't grab me. I do enjoy sea fishing off a boat though. I think I'm just easily bored. I'd rather catch toddlers every half hour but I know guys like you are happy to wait 48 hrs for a decent bite !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3722
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:22

    "I'd rather catch toddlers every half hour" affraid


    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:27

    eddie1 wrote:"I'd rather catch toddlers every half hour" affraid

    Oops lol ! I meant small fish ! TIDDLERS !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:28

    Maybe we ought to try to organise a low carb forum fishing trip next year ? Jolly boys outing lol !


    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.
    avatar
    graham64
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2865
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Lancs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by graham64 on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:29



     Eddie's an ace angler this was his latest catch lol!


    _________________
    I'm a skinny T2 diagnosed 4/4/2008, a high calorie LCHF diet and one metformin a day A1c 6.2 and no complications.

    Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

    Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    avatar
    Eddie
    Member

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 3722
    Join date : 2014-08-13
    Age : 67
    Location : London

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by Eddie on Wed Oct 15 2014, 23:46

    That's a lovely little stickleback, always pleased to see one of those little fish. Andy will tell ya, big carp are two a penny these days, far more fun and skill in catching small silver fish. Roach are my favourites.



    _________________
    Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    avatar
    mo1905
    Moderator

    Status :
    Online
    Offline

    Male Posts : 2303
    Join date : 2014-08-10
    Location : Cambs

    Re: LivLife bread back in Waitrose from Monday 20th October!

    Post by mo1905 on Thu Oct 16 2014, 00:09



    _________________
    Type1, Humalog and Solostar, Metformin, Lisinopril ( BP ), last HbA1C 41 ( 5.9% ), 20th Oct 2014, HbA1C 43 ( 6.1% ) 9th Mar 2015.

      Current date/time is Tue Jul 25 2017, 21:51