THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract Empty Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract

Post by graham64 Sun Sep 30 2018, 22:32

Same happened at my local hospital Specsavers now have the contract more creeping privatisation 

The hospital-run service will now be partly operated by a private provider, Health Intelligence.

In the future instead of diabetic patients getting their feet and eyes checked at the same time they will have to do so separately.

Andy Ennis, chief operating officer for the trust said: "It's disappointing because I think it's a step back. We had one integrated point where a diabetic person gets their eyes and feet checked at the same time.

"They tendered only for the eye service. We did lose it."

He added: "Our concern is for Bolton patients and the level of care they are going to get

"The CCG will have to commission the foot service separately."

https://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/news/16951316.diabetes-check-up-changes-after-bolton-hospital-loses-contract/
    chris c
    chris c

Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract Empty Re: Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract

Post by chris c Tue Oct 02 2018, 22:35

Typical. Is there a Toes'R'Us that might bid?

I'm happy to use a private optician and podiatrist because I can see them (pun not intended) when I want, and trust them. It's a long way to the hospitals and having to go twice would be a nice little earner for the privatised car park too. (I cheat, park in a back street and walk in)
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract Empty Re: Diabetes check up changes after Bolton hospital loses contract

Post by graham64 Tue Oct 02 2018, 23:04

Local hospital was a ten minute bus ride using my bus pass still can go into town by bus to specsavers though, still seeing the podiatrist at the nearby NHS clinic but how long before that service is put out to tender  Question

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 14:21