THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Polypharmacy at it's worst ?

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Polypharmacy at it's worst ? Empty Polypharmacy at it's worst ?

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 06 2018, 22:56

Obesity pharmacotherapy, multidisciplinary weight-loss program effective in ‘real world’ setting

Patients were prescribed the combination of phentermine and topiramate ER (34.3%), liraglutide (1.8 mg 17.4% and 3.0 mg 3.4%), topiramate (12.4%), the combination of naltrexone and bupropion SR (11.2%), phentermine (11.2%), lorcaserin (5.6%), and metformin (4.5%)

https://www.healio.com/gastroenterology/nutrition/news/online/%7B58a282d6-8149-4d85-8513-53b5cd87a49d%7D/obesity-pharmacotherapy-multidisciplinary-weight-loss-program-effective-in-real-world-setting
    chris c
    chris c

Polypharmacy at it's worst ? Empty Re: Polypharmacy at it's worst ?

Post by chris c Thu Sep 06 2018, 23:03

Or you could just eat a low carb/keto diet, imagine that
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 06 2018, 23:08

chris c wrote:Or you could just eat a low carb/keto diet, imagine that

Don't you know Chris low carb/keto diets are dangerous and will lead to an early demise  bitenails
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Sep 06 2018, 23:16

I wonder just what will be the effect of all those drugs?

Well I'm still alive after thirteen years which I'm damn sure I wouldn't be if I'd carried on with the high carb low fat diet, I still have the average number of limbs, I'm no longer on statins, H2 blockers and antidepressants, I'm not on the two or three diabetes meds my GP estimated I "should" be taking by now, in fact I'm only on a low dose of amlodipine, and I'm also back on a low dose of carbimazole because my thyroid has been going off on one again.

I'm not fat, I don't fart (much), I don't have halitosis or constipation or scurvy, and I hardly have any symptoms, except for being thirteen years older. So just about everything I was told was a lie.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Sep 06 2018, 23:32

Not quite as long as you but nevertheless I reckon 10 years is enough time to disprove the dire consequences of low carb forecast  by Cashin and the rest of the clowns  Smile
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Sep 06 2018, 23:39

And there are so many of us. Probably hundreds of thousands of diabetics by now, and literally millions in the big Banting groups in ZA and Nigeria among others. All "just anecdotes" and here, look at this study of 30 genetically modified mice . . .

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19 2024, 08:38