THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+5
Andy12345
Mud Island Dweller
EvenMoreHeathen
zand
mo1905
9 posters

Oy You Lot

Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Oy You Lot Empty Oy You Lot

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Oct 11 2014, 08:04

Morning What a Face
    zand
    zand

Female Posts : 1940

Oy You Lot Empty Re: Oy You Lot

Post by zand Sat Oct 11 2014, 08:15

Good morning MID, how are you today?
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 11 2014, 09:04

Morning all :-) Anyone doing anything nice over the weekend ?
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sat Oct 11 2014, 09:09

mo1905 wrote:Morning all :-) Anyone doing anything nice over the weekend ?

No! Sad How about you? Question
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 11 2014, 09:15

good morning boys and girls Smile
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:04

Good afternoon Very Happy
    It's a mixture of good bad and the usual for me, just come in from moving one lot of sheep to start packing up ready to move. I've accepted a new job doing the same thing ( shepherd ) but for someone else, not the family firm. So it means moving 20 miles away to "Bleak House " No central heating, carpets no mains water !) and there's a lot to sort out before I actually move in as it's been unoccupied for three years. I can't think why ! Shocked

So all this is going on while doing my usual job and attending a DAFNE course one day a week over 5 weeks. Monday will be Day 2, and I think I may be drummed out pretty sharpish unless I learn to keep it zipped, they have already tagged me a the class Bad Girl Laughing Twisted Evil I'm only doing it because it's part of the pump criteria.
    So today - panic and faff about deciding what to pack first, try to get electricity connected at Bleak House, release more recently acquired sheep then a quick trip over with some hopefully filled boxes !

So I may not be around much until November when it's all done and dusted and I'm flying solo with the sheep * gulp*

Signy
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:06

Family "farm ".
    NOT. " Firm "

That sounds like the Mafia, but thinking about it, it's not far off right ! Laughing

Signy
    ( procrastinating )
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:46

Never knew you were a shepherd. Cool job. Do you use a dog or is that just on TV ? Good luck with DAFNE. Doubt you'll learn much but another step closer to a pump :-)
    Mud Island Dweller
    Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

Post by Mud Island Dweller Sat Oct 11 2014, 10:56

l looked at doing that when we got to uk as a Shepherd but never came off my live moved other ways. Hope all goes well for you.

We are just back from physio scrunching my achilles OMG!! Shocked pain! now off to see friends down at a campsite overnight going in CB (motorhome) leave in a few mins :-D
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Sat Oct 11 2014, 11:18

shepherd sounds sooooo cool Smile i love being outside and i love animals, good luck with the new job Smile

have fun MID Smile
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Oct 11 2014, 12:39

Good afternoon .....grand prix qualifying on the TV but I'm off out - hair do day today. A bit of pampering, can't be bad sunny

'Talk' later

All the best Jan
    sanguine
    sanguine

Male Posts : 395

Post by sanguine Sat Oct 11 2014, 12:53

We're dad-sitting this weekend to allow his wife (not my mum, can't call her a step mum, how do you describe her?) to go to her annual family reunion.  Dad's getting a bit frail so he can't really be left on his own.  And I should be doing some work as well.
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Sun Oct 12 2014, 08:48

EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Good afternoon Very Happy
    It's a mixture of good bad and the usual for me, just come in from moving one lot of sheep to start packing up ready to move. I've accepted a new job doing the same thing ( shepherd ) but for someone else, not the family firm. So it means moving 20 miles away to "Bleak House " No central heating, carpets no mains water !) and there's a lot to sort out before I actually move in as it's been unoccupied for three years. I can't think why ! Shocked

So all this is going on while doing my usual job and attending a DAFNE course one day a week over 5 weeks. Monday will be Day 2, and I think I may be drummed out pretty sharpish unless I learn to keep it zipped, they have already tagged me a the class Bad Girl Laughing Twisted Evil I'm only doing it because it's part of the pump criteria.
    So today - panic and faff about deciding what to pack first, try to get electricity  connected at Bleak House, release more recently acquired sheep then a quick trip over with some hopefully filled boxes !

So I may not be around much until November when it's all done and dusted and I'm flying solo with the sheep * gulp*

Signy
    Didn't realise you were "Granny Aching" in a parallel world Rolling Eyes
    or that sheep flew !
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TeiSsJ3G_0
    EvenMoreHeathen
    EvenMoreHeathen

Post by EvenMoreHeathen Sun Oct 12 2014, 10:17

Argh! Busted ! Shocked And with a touch of Tiffany ( according to the Wee Free Men Laughing )

And yes, I have two collies , Nell and Meg, a quad and a broomstick ( for the flying part ) Laughing The TV celebs - remember, it IS Tv, and they always look unbelievably clean and groomed to me ! In my experience, it is far from glamourous, poorly paid ,hard work and bloody cold most of the time up here.

Thanks for the Monty Python link, I'd forgotten about that ! Laughing Laughing

Signy

Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Sun Oct 12 2014, 13:03

EvenMoreHeathen wrote:Argh! Busted !  Shocked  And with a touch of Tiffany ( according to the Wee Free Men  Laughing )

And yes, I have two collies , Nell and Meg, a quad and a broomstick ( for the flying part )  Laughing  The TV celebs - remember, it IS Tv, and they always look unbelievably clean and groomed to me ! In my experience, it is far from glamourous,  poorly paid ,hard work and bloody cold most of the time up here.

Thanks for the Monty Python link, I'd forgotten about that !  Laughing  Laughing

Signy

Yep the celebs:
    Jimmy Cropper was a few farms up from my FiL. One of the guys round the corner has one of his rejects (too timid for the sheep!).
    Great uncle bought a dog @ Oban Market that wouldn't work in English, Only the whistle & "God's Tongue" (Gaelic)Twisted Evil
    zand
    zand

Post by zand Sun Oct 12 2014, 13:36

"Great uncle bought a dog @ Oban Market that wouldn't work in English, Only the whistle & "God's Tongue" (Gaelic)Twisted Evil "

Yes, my dad, who was a farmer back in the '40's, once bought a horse that could only understand Welsh, so he had to learn a little Welsh.  When he sold it a couple of years later I'm sure it would have understood some English swear words too. Wink
    Paul1976
    Paul1976

Male Posts : 2439

Post by Paul1976 Sun Oct 12 2014, 13:43

So Patriotism exists in animals too?...Cool! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 18:19