THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Sukkarto

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Sukkarto  Empty Sukkarto

Post by graham64 Wed Aug 29 2018, 22:28

Received a letter from my surgery today:

As a practice we continually review all our patients to ensure that they are receiving the optimum and therapy to meet their medical needs.

We have recently undertaken a review of your prescribed medication, you currently order a prescription for:

Metformin MR 500mg x 28

This has now been changed to:

Sukkarto SR 500mg x 28

Why don't the just come out and say it's a cost saving measure though in my case the savings will minimal to say the least, seeing my pharmacy issues different brand names of metformin at almost every prescription including one that was at least double the size Shocked of any other brand it will be interesting to see if I get Sukkarto on every future script
    chris c
    chris c

Sukkarto  Empty Re: Sukkarto

Post by chris c Thu Aug 30 2018, 22:36

Isn't that the game with a square of numbers?

Yes these generic prescriptions can be a pain, once when I was still on statins I had a version of my BP med that looked exactly like the statin. I took an extra one by mistake.

I remember someone who became quite ill on a generic med. It turned out that unlike the brand name it was based on lactose. Not a good plan since he was severely lactose intolerant.
    ajsherlock

Post by ajsherlock Thu Oct 25 2018, 15:02

They tried that with me because I was on glucophage which costs the most. Tried it, didnt agree with me, still taking glucophage.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Thu Oct 25 2018, 22:47

ajsherlock wrote:They tried that with me because I was on glucophage which costs the most.  Tried it, didnt agree with me, still taking glucophage.  

Not noticed any problems since changing to Sukkarto, to be honest the cost savings can't amount to much check out the costs to the NHS of various brands of metformin 

https://bnf.nice.org.uk/medicinal-forms/metformin-hydrochloride.html
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Oct 25 2018, 22:47

Yes over the years I've read of a number of people doing worse on the generics - but paradoxically some do better on one or other different brand.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 13:46