THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters Empty Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters

Post by graham64 Sat Aug 25 2018, 00:14

It has become the health trend of 2018, with an array of athletes and  celebrities ditching dairy and other animal products in favour of a vegan  lifestyle. 

But it appears the health movement is increasingly facing a backlash - with  food producers ditching the word "vegan" and replacing it with "plant  based".

Britain looks set to become the latest country to follow suit, according to  experts who say the moral finger-wagging associated with veganism is  putting people off. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/24/suppliers-ditch-vegan-label-encourage-meat-eaters/
    chris c
    chris c

Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters Empty Re: Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters

Post by chris c Sat Aug 25 2018, 00:31

I eat a vegan diet alongside my meat, poultry, game and fish, That seems to work.
    yoly
    yoly

Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters Empty Re: Suppliers ditch 'vegan' label to encourage meat eaters

Post by yoly Sat Aug 25 2018, 11:40

The reality is that most people that try a vegetarian diet don't stay very long. Either health issues or the body need for nutrients or taste make people abandon their diet. Much more for complete vegans. It's all a smoke screen, just like low fat calories diet to lose weight they just don't work.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Sat Aug 25 2018, 22:18

Some may say 2018 (so far) has been a funny sort of year!!!

Both within our family, and friends, circles we have vegetarians, vegans, low carbers and 'everything in moderation' eaters !!! It sometimes seems that life and choices are getting more and more chaotic.

Then Eddie gets his blood sugar meter out or has his HbA1c tests and his results are non diabetic …

It just strengthens what I already know LCHF for diabetics and many who are not diabetic works, and keeps on working. Yes, it is our choice to live the LCHF lifestyle … I guess in 2018 it is still down to each and every one of us to choose what we want to eat.

So what did you have for dinner tonight?

Our meal was salmon with some broccoli cheese, peas and green beans ... did I also tell you about the lovely mushroom omelette we enjoyed for breakfast and the cheese and olives for a snack! Ooh yes, I also have some low carb mixed berries and double cream, just in case we wanted a dessert.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Aug 26 2018, 22:36

I had two meals today, the first was smoked haddock slathered in butter with toasted almonds and thibkly buttered oatcakes, the second was a giant lamb chop with broccoli and a glass, OK two, of Malbec, and a couple more thickly buttered oatcakes just in case there wasn't enough fat on the chop.

Thirteen years now, I lost most of my symptoms and most of my meds too.

My vegetarian cousin hasn't done too badly probably because he eats eggs fish and cheese. One of his daughters was also vegetarian and built like a racing snake. She went vegan and is now quite plump and doesn't look healthy. Sad.
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Aug 26 2018, 22:52

WTF you killed a broccoli  pale shame on you have you no feelings you heartless veg slayer  Evil or Very Mad
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Aug 26 2018, 23:18

hahahaha actually not that far from the truth: I remember an Oxford Scientific film called Moving Still, which I can't find on YouTube, and a later programme by David Attenborough, both using stop-frame photography which showed that plants behave, just a lot more slowly than animals.

Indignant guy in restaurant when served a salad

"Why are you giving me what my food eats?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 20:57