The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

How to snack when you have diabetes

graham64

Male Posts : 3662

How to snack when you have diabetes

Post by graham64 on Mon Jun 11 2018, 21:45

Spotted this on Eddies twitter feed, should really read "how not to snack when you have diabetes"

How to make snacks more interesting

Diabetes UK suggests trying the following ideas:

• Use different types of bread to make snacks. Try pittas stuffed with fillings such as chicken tikka, yoghurt and salad. Or ciabatta or focaccia with mozzarella, tomato and pesto.
    • Toast a teacake and top with sliced banana. Drizzle with a little maple syrup if you like.
    • Smoothies or milkshakes are simple and delicious. Just mix milk, a fruit of your choice and a few ice-cubes. Pour into a glass and enjoy.
    • Pop your own corn. Flavour with salt and pepper, a little sugar, a sprinkle of paprika or even a little finely grated parmesan.
    • Noodles. Make up a 100 g pack of noodles, then add some other bits like spring onions, chopped ham or tuna.

https://patient.info/health/diabetes-mellitus-leaflet/features/how-to-snack-when-you-have-diabetes

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Re: How to snack when you have diabetes

Post by chris c on Mon Jun 11 2018, 21:58

For fuck's sake - and that's the polite version. If I told you what I really felt your monitor would melt.

I suspect like most of you I seldom need to snack. I do admit to a weakness for Co-Op Spicy Chilli Flavour Peanuts on occasion but not many at a time. Then I eat halloumi lightly fried in EVOO with a thickly buttered oatcake, or an oatcake with goat cheese studded with blueberries as a low carb cheesecake, but these sort of things are largely meal replacements when I'm not that hungry.

I spend most of my time living off the stored energy from the previous day's meal(s). Imagine that.
    yoly

Post by yoly on Thu Jun 14 2018, 11:24

They couldn't give worst advice even if they tried. Still insisting in all the nonsense about calories and energy.
    Jan1

Female Posts : 4849

Post by Jan1 on Thu Jun 14 2018, 16:57

Shocked  affraid

Many of those who live the LCHF lifestyle don't always snack, as Chris says above he seldom needs to snack.

However, if you are looking for tips for low carb snacking they can be found on this thread here ...

http://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t1212-low-carb-snacks?highlight=low+carb+snacks

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Oct 22 2018, 23:27