THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

4 posters

Facebook plots first steps into healthcare

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Facebook plots first steps into healthcare Empty Facebook plots first steps into healthcare

Post by graham64 Tue Oct 07 2014, 22:04

Don't think I'll be subscribing No

(Reuters) - Facebook Inc (FB.O) already knows who your friends are and the kind of things that grab your attention. Soon, it could also know the state of your health.

On the heels of fellow Silicon Valley technology companies Apple Inc (AAPL.O) and Google Inc (GOOGL.O), Facebook is plotting its first steps into the fertile field of healthcare, said three people familiar with the matter. The people requested anonymity as the plans are still in development.

The company is exploring creating online "support communities" that would connect Facebook users suffering from various ailments. A small team is also considering new "preventative care" applications that would help people improve their lifestyles.

Full article here:  http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/03/us-facebook-health-idUSKCN0HS09720141003
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Facebook plots first steps into healthcare Empty Re: Facebook plots first steps into healthcare

Post by mo1905 Tue Oct 07 2014, 22:07

I guess this is the future and can't be a bad thing on the face of it but FB don't have a very trustworthy reputation. The new iPhones come with fitness/health monitors.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Facebook plots first steps into healthcare Empty Re: Facebook plots first steps into healthcare

Post by Jan1 Tue Oct 07 2014, 22:30

Today in 2014 - So many companies, government agencies, facebook, twitter, blogs, forums etc know a lot about us, we are out there on the internet....and I think connections can be made.It is with us now whether we like it or not and I fear will be the shape of things to come. Do we embrace it and learn to live with it? Like minded folk can help each other out, whether we need FB or just a Forum is another matter.

What will the future hold? Sometimes it's mind boggling to even think about it, but then I'm still a bit of a techno dinosaur..... and dinosaurs became extinct, the world changed....it is changing extremely fast and not always for the best.

All the best Jan
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Tue Oct 07 2014, 22:31

Think we need to embrace it Jan. Like garlic bread..........it's the future :-)
    Two Collies
    Two Collies

Male Posts : 133

Post by Two Collies Wed Oct 08 2014, 13:40

mo1905 wrote:Think we need to embrace it Jan. Like garlic bread..........it's the future :-)

Mo, Garlic bread! The future?
    You've been partaking of "the good 'erb" again, haven't you?
    Garlic: Yes(past, present, future), bread No:(past only)!
    mo1905
    mo1905

Post by mo1905 Wed Oct 08 2014, 14:07

OK, how about garlic Oopsies ? Jan ?
    Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Post by Jan1 Wed Oct 08 2014, 14:18

mo1905 wrote:OK, how about garlic Oopsies ? Jan ?

Garlic Bread not for me but Oopsies with a little garlic may just work - I'll have to put the recipe on later.

Watch the space in the recipe section .................. sunny

All the best Jan

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 07:01