THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You?

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You? Empty Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You?

Post by Jan1 Wed Apr 11 2018, 22:32

Michael Joseph at Nutrition Advance Site writes:

"Instant Coffee Is It Good or Bad For You?

"Coffee is one of the world's most popular drinks.

It tastes delicious and, for most people, it is a very healthy drink.

However, there are many different types of coffee, and some people claim that instant coffee isn't as healthy as the freshly ground variety.

There are a lot of facts and myths behind this claim, so this article aims to set the record straight.

In this article, we will examine instant coffee's nutrition profile and how it compares to regular coffee.

Most importantly, we'll look at what the studies say."

"For a real coffee connoisseur, instant coffee is never going to match up to a properly brewed cup. The taste just cannot compare.

However, that isn't what instant coffee is trying to be.

Instead, it offers a cheap and convenient option that is simple to make and easily transportable.

It is also a gentler option for those who don't metabolize caffeine well.

The health benefits are fairly similar, and the risks posed by acrylamide to human health haven't been firmly established.
    With this in mind, instant coffee is a decent option for those who don't care about drinking the best quality coffee."

Read all of his article here
    https://www.nutritionadvance.com/instant-coffee-good-bad/

All the best Jan
    Jan1
    Jan1

Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You? Empty Re: Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You?

Post by Jan1 Fri Apr 13 2018, 17:50

>>>
    Even Mark Sisson has been talking coffee  Exclamation

"14 Ways to Make Coffee Healthier

According to the stats, more than 80% of American adults use coffee to get going in the morning. Increasingly, we’re getting collectively pickier about what we drink, too. A report released this year by the National Coffee Association found that, for the first time in 67 years, more than half of all coffee consumed daily was classified as “gourmet.”

But let’s be honest. There’s a lot of junk in that category—syrups and whipped toppings, soy milk and sugar galore. It’s a damned shame because coffee can offer big health benefits when done right. When done even better? Well, let’s take a look."
    Read more here
    https://www.marksdailyapple.com/14-ways-to-make-coffee-healthier/

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You? Empty Re: Instant Coffee : Is It Good or Bad For You?

Post by chris c Fri Apr 13 2018, 22:27

I saw the title and immediately went and made myself a cup!

Mu current favourite is L'Or (by Kraft) but availability is a bit spotty. Last week I bought some Colombian Free Trade, which is cheaper and tastes like it. I used to favour Nescafe Blend 37 but that went off the market a decade or more ago. The current Nescafe offerings are rather bland and mediocre by comparison.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Sun Apr 15 2018, 13:54

One of our sons recommended L'Or but said wait until it was on special offer as it's one of the more expensive coffee's... We've tried both the Classique and The Intense, and I'm not a great coffee drinker so the taste test was really down to Eddie - he liked it thumb-up

This week I've bought some M&S Rich Roast Instant Coffee, it's got the fairtrade mark so I'm hoping the taste will be good.

All the best Jan
    graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Post by graham64 Sun Apr 15 2018, 21:38

My favourite instant coffee is Kenco Millicano  nearest taste to freshly freshly ground  I have tasted it's not cheap but is often on offer at some supermarkets, I recently bought a 170g pack for £4 normally £6.49  Cool  

Kenco Millicano is our first wholebean instant – a clever combination of instant coffee and finely milled whole coffee beans. With essential oils locked in for a smooth, full-bodied flavour and rich aroma, Kenco is the closest thing to ‘proper’ coffee in an instant. Simply add a teaspoon to your cup and fill with boiling water.

https://www.kenco.co.uk/kenco-uk1-old/range/instant-coffee/kenco-millicano/kenco-millicano/
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Apr 15 2018, 22:16

Thanks, that might be worth a try. The previous Kencos I tried were distinctly below average.

Long ago I had a coffee machine, and one place I worked I had another one in my office, but it's pricey compared to instant. Some of the machines are a ridiculous price too but I just looked on Amazon and there are still some cheap ones.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Mon Apr 16 2018, 22:47

Agreed I've never been impressed with Kenco until I tried the Millicano, previously tried other versions of their instant and ground coffees not to my liking at all
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed May 02 2018, 22:32

The L'Or has now gone up even more and hasn't been on offer for a while, but the Kenko was and I tried some. I have to say I am suitably impressed, thanks! It isn't cheap but it's strong and flavoursome enough that I use less than some of the others.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu May 03 2018, 20:06

Just to say that the  M&S Rich Roast Instant Coffee I recently mentioned got good comments from Eddie, he's more the coffee drinker than me ... in fact good enough to buy some more  thumb-up

All the best Jan

graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu May 03 2018, 22:40

chris c wrote:The L'Or has now gone up even more and hasn't been on offer for a while, but the Kenko was and I tried some. I have to say I am suitably impressed, thanks! It isn't cheap but it's strong and flavoursome enough that I use less than some of the others.

Glad you enjoyed it Chris, I'm fortunate enough to have a variety of supermarkets in the area and can usually find the coffee on offer at one of them
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon May 21 2018, 22:34

L'Or and all the different Nescafe blends on discount in the Co-Op this week. Not the Kenko though.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Wed May 23 2018, 17:26

Thanks for this info Chris.

Eddie is still enjoying the M&S coffee at the moment ... just bought some more!
    It does seem good value.

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed May 23 2018, 22:18

Buy it while you still can, M&S are talking about closing stores all over. I wonder who actually manufactures it, there may be similar own-labels elsewhere.
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu May 24 2018, 17:51

chris c wrote:Buy it while you still can, M&S are talking about closing stores all over. I wonder who actually manufactures it, there may be similar own-labels elsewhere.

Funny you should say that!!!

In Morrisons and the jar and labelling was the same colour, marketed as their own brand coffee ...
    Eddie will soon be doing some market research LOL!

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat May 26 2018, 21:54

Yes back in the day I used to deliver Adams biscuits to numerous supermarket chains, all as own brands.

L'Or and Nescafe still at £3 in the Co-Op and even better news, after a long absence President butter was back on the shelf although now over £2
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Wed Jun 06 2018, 21:26

Stop press, this week in the Co-Op L'Or and the Nescafes back to full price but the large cans of Millicano are the same price as the small cans.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Wed Jun 06 2018, 22:22

chris c wrote:Stop press, this week in the Co-Op L'Or and the Nescafes back to full price but the large cans of Millicano are the same price as the small cans.

Yes that's the offer that was on at Sainsbury's and Asda for Millicano  Very Happy meanwhile President butter is on offer at Asda for £1.75
    Jan1
    Jan1

Post by Jan1 Thu Jun 07 2018, 18:03

L'Or coffee seems to be full price at most supermarkets at the moment ... not cheap!!!

Have to say we are still sticking to the M&S Roast at the moment ...

Butter is not going down in price is it!
    But it is always on the list (never margarine).
    We do like Kerrygold but it seems to be at a constant £1-90 ish.
    (Still haven't tried President - perhaps we should?)

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Jun 08 2018, 21:21

Yes definitely, even though it's currently at £2.09. Haven't seen any butter on offer for a long time now, but I haven't looked at the margarine to see if they are desperately trying to flog it off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 11:59