THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes Empty 1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes

Post by graham64 Tue Feb 20 2018, 22:54

Study finds diabetes complications and mortality may be better predicted with elevated 1-hour blood glucose levels compared with 2-hour blood glucose levels.

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/1-hour-post-prandial-glucose-predicts-risk-for-type-2-diabetes/
    chris c
    chris c

1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes Empty Re: 1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes

Post by chris c Thu Feb 22 2018, 23:19

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

This is exactly what thousands of diabetics have been doing since 2002 if not earlier

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/test-test-test.html

Just think, if they'd studied those thousands of "just anecdotes" in the ADA Forum they would have found this out well over a decade ago.
    graham64
    graham64

1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes Empty Re: 1-Hour Post-Prandial Glucose Predicts Risk For Type 2 Diabetes

Post by graham64 Fri Feb 23 2018, 21:48

chris c wrote:I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked!

This is exactly what thousands of diabetics have been doing since 2002 if not earlier

http://loraldiabetes.blogspot.co.uk/2009/04/test-test-test.html

Just think, if they'd studied those thousands of "just anecdotes" in the ADA Forum they would have found this out well over a decade ago.

Yes I recall arguing with that stupid mod cugila about the need to test at one hour and after to find the peak BG but he insisted on quoting NICE two hour PP of 8.5
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Feb 25 2018, 20:58

Has anyone seen him around since his dire forum crashed and burned?

Yes the key is to find the PEAK glucose which may vary around a bit but is generally around the 1 hour mark. It's the nearest DIY equivalent to a Kraft Insulin Assay in terms of spotting problems as early as possible.

I had a friend who used to get a lot of stick on usenet for not testing regularly. What he actually did was to eat a standard meal once every few weeks, then test every quarter hour out to about three hours, then plot the results as a graph and compare it to previous graphs to spot long term changes.

Goes without saying he was an engineer . . .
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Feb 25 2018, 21:44

chris c wrote:Has anyone seen him around since his dire forum crashed and burned?

Yes the key is to find the PEAK glucose which may vary around a bit but is generally around the 1 hour mark. It's the nearest DIY equivalent to a Kraft Insulin Assay in terms of spotting problems as early as possible.

I had a friend who used to get a lot of stick on usenet for not testing regularly. What he actually did was to eat a standard meal once every few weeks, then test every quarter hour out to about three hours, then plot the results as a graph and compare it to previous graphs to spot long term changes.

Goes without saying he was an engineer . . .

Kenny just disappeared like the other mods of his ilk catherinecherub and nobblyhead  when stripped of their mods jobs must have hurt their big ego's.

Meanwhile this is interesting

Type 2 Diabetes Can Begin 20 Years Prior to Diagnosis

http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/type-2-diabetes-can-begin-20-years-prior-to-diagnosis/
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sun Feb 25 2018, 22:05

Dammit, I HATE when they don't link to the actual study.

Doesn't surprise me, wouldn't surprise Joseph Kraft either. In my case (and a number of others with similar symptoms) it took about fifty years. Even then I was "only" prediabetic, and according to current standards I was never that either.

As David Ludwig said, prediabetes isn't really pre-anything.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Sun Feb 25 2018, 22:15

chris c wrote:Dammit, I HATE when they don't link to the actual study.

Doesn't surprise me, wouldn't surprise Joseph Kraft either. In my case (and a number of others with similar symptoms) it took about fifty years. Even then I was "only" prediabetic, and according to current standards I was never that either.

As David Ludwig said, prediabetes isn't really pre-anything.

I've found the link 

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dom.13241/full
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Feb 27 2018, 21:26

Over here

http://sci-hub.hk/10.1111/dom.13241

I thought it looked familiar, someone had already posted it on Twitter

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19 2024, 09:31