The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Snow oh the title is too short

chris c

Snow oh the title is too short

Post by chris c on Tue Feb 06 2018, 23:14

I actually did something right. I got round the shops before the snow fell.

I have liver (and bacon) and ground beef, brussels sprouts and broccoli (my usual shop had no PSB but the other shop did, but at £6.99/kilo I decided to pass) peppers chillies garlic and mushrooms. And coffee. And still more pheasants than I can shake a stick at, so I can live with being snowed in for a while. Oh and Halloumi, that always helps.
    graham64

Male Posts : 3222

Re: Snow oh the title is too short

Post by graham64 on Wed Feb 07 2018, 22:12

Yes we had a fair amount of snow yesterday too enough to keep me indoors for the day, quite the opposite today after a cold frosty start the sun came out ice and snow melted making for a proper winters day, got some shopping in and then enjoyed an hours walk  Cool

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Fri Feb 09 2018, 23:01

No snow of late but bitterly cold winds  brrr whatever happened to global warming  Question

chris c

Post by chris c on Fri Feb 09 2018, 23:13

Well it didn't last long in the end.

I went for a walk along by the river and through the park. The first crocus hordes are now out along with all the snowdrops.

Drove home past a nearby cottage whose garden is full of Winter Aconites

https://img.crocdn.co.uk/images/products2/pl/20/00/00/76/pl2000007644_card2_lg.jpg

that always cheers me up.

Still a serious lack of winter birds, no Redwings or Fieldfares, or Siskins in the alders, but a friend from the other end of the road has a load of Goldfinches in his garden.

Back to dull and rainy today. Ah well, I polished off some salmon with spinach and I'll probably make a prawn curry later.
    chris c

Post by chris c on Tue Feb 13 2018, 21:24

No more snow but further signs of spring, the first few primroses in some of the field ditches and the first glimmerings of green buds on some of the quickthorn. Oh and I spotted the first wallflower of the season in a neighbour's garden. I walked on one of the commons listening to Greenfinches, Goldfinches and Linnets in song, and the pond has now filled back up. Still not much over the fields though, but the sun is setting ever later and ever further north. More wind and rain though.

This has been the shortest and lousiest herring season I can remember, and I haven't had so little PSB in years either.
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Tue Feb 13 2018, 22:28

Had a heavy fall of snow Sunday night I was at my sisters for dinner and had to leave early not till I'd eaten though, didn't want to take a chance of getting stuck there. Thankfully by mid morning the following day it had thawed and the roads were clear.

No more snow forecast but it remains bitterly cold  brrr

chris c

Post by chris c on Sun Feb 18 2018, 00:20

It's actually improved here temperature-wise after a couple of days with a dire wind. Lots more crocuses out and the first few daffodils. It rained so much the river went over the fields again but the water drained back into the channel fairly quickly. In a few north-facing spots there was still ice on the ground despite the sun. The car's temperature gauge actually went into double figures, first time in ages.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Feb 24 2018, 12:17