The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

No serious complications.

Eddie

Male Posts : 3756

No serious complications.

Post by Eddie on Tue Sep 12 2017, 18:58

Next March I will have been a diagnosed a diabetic ten years. Like many others I suspect I was a diabetic before the usual symptoms had me heading for the medics. Around ten days ago I had a full monty eye examination. A couple of very small signs of retinopathy, however, the person testing my eyes said these small bleeds often self repair. This has been my experience over the years, they come and go. However, both eyes showing the start of cataracts. I asked how many people of my age show early signs of cataracts, around 80% was the answer. The optician said it can take between 1 and 10 years to become a problem, depending on the person. The bottom line, with my new glasses I can read the bottom line of the eye charts and no periphery problems. So far so good.

Obviously I credit a diet of 50 carbs max for the last 9 years for avoiding complications, and to this day have never used any diabetes meds other than 2 500mg Metformin pills. Around 50% of type two diabetics are on injected insulin within 5 years of diagnosis. I don't fear having to use insulin, but the longer I can stay free of it the better.

One thing should be said re. serious complications. I had angioplasty and heart stents approx 9 years ago. It totally rejuvenated me and I still feel many years younger than before the procedure. Some Cardiologists believe the procedure adds no extra years to many peoples lives. I don't agree with that and the quality of my life improved beyond measure. I believe totally the years of avoiding all fats and living on the standard type of high carb diet lead to my health problems.

If I was cured of diabetes tomorrow, I would never go back to the high sugar, high carb gruel, that very near croaked me. A low carb diet for a diabetic is a no brainer, only the junk floggers, bent dietitians and junk food addicted would ever argue, but argue they do.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 2994

Re: No serious complications.

Post by graham64 on Tue Sep 12 2017, 22:13

You ought to be ashamed Eddie Embarassed  for inappropriately reversing your diabetes without consulting a dietitian

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Re: No serious complications.

Post by chris c on Wed Sep 13 2017, 23:08

Yes, just think of all the unemployment you are causing within the medical industry.

I thought I might be developing cataracts but then I cleaned my glasses.

Actually I suspect I might be, but very slowly. So far no signs of retinopathy either but my arms are definitely getting shorter, my close vision is definitely further away now.

Over the years I've seen numerous people reverse signs of retinopathy. Either way, ageing is inevitable, just not the speed at which is usually occurs, so congratulations on continuing to beat the reaper.

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 09:55