THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

2 posters

Georgia Ede On Meat

chris c
    chris c

Georgia Ede On Meat Empty Georgia Ede On Meat

Post by chris c Wed Sep 06 2017, 23:08

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Georgia Ede On Meat Empty Re: Georgia Ede On Meat

Post by graham64 Wed Sep 06 2017, 23:33

chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Thu Sep 07 2017, 00:08

So were they eating the meat WITH the bun, and the fries, and the Big Gulp?

Georgia Ede On Meat Df1iix10

Over forty years ago I ate an Ornish style high carb low fat grain-based vegan diet. It made me ill, I passed my first gallstone and had an attack of gout.

The next 30 years I dutifully ate low fat grain-based food. It kept me ill.

The last twelve years I ate LCHF/paleo/keto. Now I'm no longer ill, just a lot older. This was obviously not meant to happen.

Tonight's repast - another two Gloucester Old Spot sausages, a big hunk of broccoli, a couple of thickly buttered oatcakes, a glass of Malbec and a square of 85% chocolate.

Later I'll probably have a chicken breast (well the other half of it) wrapped in bacon, with runner beans.

Tomorrow, well I haven't decided yet, maybe ground pork fried in EVOO with added bacon, mushrooms, multicoloured peppers, chillies, garlic. thyme, oregano and a dash of toasted sesame oil, and later I'll snack on some of my cheese collection. Glucose pretty much normal, HDL and trigs excellent, LDL a bit high, just what I need at my age, BP still needs 5mg Amlodipine though. The water I retained thanks to my trick thyroid mostly gone already, the belly fat I gained for the same reason on the way out.

AND IT'S DAMN TASTY!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 06:41