The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Technical, engineering and DIY

Long birder

Technical, engineering and DIY

Post by Long birder on Mon Sep 04 2017, 19:37

Hi guys, I thought it would be useful to open a new topic because I know some of you are interested.

Got myself a new phone because I was fed up with my cheap Cubot.

Have any of you got experience with the Motorola G4 5.5 ins? It seems ok.
    Derek

Last edited by Long birder on Wed Sep 06 2017, 10:41; edited 1 time in total
    graham64

Male Posts : 2994

Re: Technical, engineering and DIY

Post by graham64 on Mon Sep 04 2017, 22:32

Long birder wrote:Hi guys, I thought it would be useful to open a new topic because I know some of you are interested.

Got myself a new phone because I was fed up with my cheap Cubot.

Have any of you got experience with the Motorola G4 5.5 ins.It seems ok.  
    Derek

Hi Derek, I've got the earlier version of Moto G4 had it for over three years with no problems, I might upgrade soon and will probably go for the latest Moto G5

I think Chris has the same model as you, he's had his a few months now so will be able to report on his experience with the phone

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes

Long birder

Post by Long birder on Wed Sep 06 2017, 10:47

Thanks Graham, only one complaint certain app icons appear twice on the apps screen although they are not loaded twice!? Derek
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Wed Sep 06 2017, 22:26

Long birder wrote:Thanks Graham, only one complaint certain app icons appear twice on the apps screen although they are not loaded twice!?  Derek

That's not happened to me Derek but its easy enough to remove the apps just press and hold the icon then swipe them up to the top of the screen and you should get an option to remove them.

My problem when I first got the phone is that the apps were set for automatic updates which swallowed up my Data  Shocked I now choose which apps I want to update and only when I connected to Wi Fi

chris c

Post by chris c on Wed Sep 06 2017, 23:42

My problem is, my previous phone made calls and went "bleat bleat". This one has so many bells and whistles I still haven't learned to drive it properly. But it does have a pretty excellent camera though, and works well for the price.

(goes off to re-read handbook again)

Long birder

Post by Long birder on Thu Sep 07 2017, 17:34

graham64 wrote:
    Long birder wrote:Thanks Graham, only one complaint certain app icons appear twice on the apps screen although they are not loaded twice!?  Derek

That's not happened to me Derek but its easy enough to remove the apps just press and hold the icon then swipe them up to the top of the screen and you should get an option to remove them.

My problem when I first got the phone is that the apps were set for automatic updates which swallowed up my Data  Shocked I now choose which apps I want to update and only when I connected to Wi Fi
    Thanks Graham , I wish it was that easy. Can do that on the home screen but not on apps screen! Will live with it for time being. regards Derek
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Thu Sep 07 2017, 22:25

Long birder wrote:
    graham64 wrote:

Thanks Graham , I wish it was that easy. Can do that on the home screen but not on apps screen! Will live with it for time being.  regards Derek

There is also an option to uninstall apps but having tried it just does not work though it does stop them updating, trouble is the phones comes pre-loaded with all the apps most of which I'll never use which is a waste of space

Current date/time is Tue Sep 26 2017, 09:58