The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

OCR, Kayak and Bits

Mud Island Dweller

Female Posts : 228

OCR, Kayak and Bits

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Thu Aug 14 2014, 21:12

Trying to get into jogging still l hate it and need to push myself to go and keep moving when l do. A lot of the pressure l was under for Total Warrior is off as l walked it and know whatever happens l can do it. Now l want to run/jog it to get faster times in at next years Total Warrior (Lakes) and at least one other.

I also need to restart my full exercise regime gone to nuts the last 3 or so weeks.

I want to build my upper body strength so that l can get over the walls in the races.

We have kayaks but this year l have only been out once when l did the weekend white water and that is not good enough for me but only so many hours in the day.
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2303

Re: OCR, Kayak and Bits

Post by mo1905 on Thu Aug 14 2014, 21:21

What is Total Warrior ? Is it like Iron Man or something ? I want to buy a kayak, my house is only 100m from a river !

Male Posts : 9

Post by Thommothebear on Thu Aug 14 2014, 23:12

I've still got my kayak but haven't used it this year, been getting my waterborne exercise rowing the dinghy to my boat on the other side of the harbour, and pumping winches while sailing, had forgotten how much hard work that is. My exercise regime took a bad turn this year with a shoulder and wrist injury so I had to can the weight training for the last 3 months or so. Nice to see some familiar faces here BTW
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Sat Aug 16 2014, 07:04

http://www.totalwarrior.co.uk/course/
    Mud Island Dweller

Post by Mud Island Dweller on Sat Aug 16 2014, 07:09

Garrrr it did it again l hate my phone. that link or if on fbook go yo total warrior and either scroll down or goto photos. they have saturdsy and sunday race photos there. saturday was 10k su day 10m ssame obsticles more running.

Hi Tbear yup is good to see folks still about :-) Sorry to hear about the injury bit least you still out on the water l do miss it but apart from fact hub did his back and out for 3 months now hip just never seem to have lots of time fir kyaking :-(

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21 2017, 11:18