The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

Who Is Owned By Who

chris c

Who Is Owned By Who

Post by chris c on Fri Jun 16 2017, 22:48

http://www.bmj.com/content/350/bmj.h231/infographic

Warning - this one chews up a lot of processor cycles, then the web page crashes after a while, but interesting to mouse over and see all the links.
    graham64

Male Posts : 3662

Re: Who Is Owned By Who

Post by graham64 on Fri Jun 16 2017, 23:07

Susan Jebb stands out with nine links  Evil or Very Mad

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over ten years

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Fri Jun 16 2017, 23:16

Last time I had nine links they were Gloucester Old Spot sausages.
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Sat Jun 17 2017, 23:17

@chris c wrote:Last time I had nine links they were Gloucester Old Spot sausages.

Not sure about that Chris you equalled  Jebb with nine links on this forum still got to read most of them  Very Happy

http://lowcarbdiabetic.forumotion.co.uk/t3155-warning-science#27593

chris c

Post by chris c on Sun Jun 18 2017, 21:28

At least my links contained meat! Seen this?

https://storify.com/rdukchat/nuutrition-truths-vs-fads/

End to end self-congratulatory drivel. What have they got to be proud about? Last two days I went round Minsmere - I usually go to such places during the week where only locals and old folks are there - but today there were a load of families, younger folks, holidaymakers etc. from all over the country, and I'll swear hardly anyone over twelve WASN'T fat.

One of the shopgirls I know was always cute in a well-rounded sort of way. Now she is growing an enormous arse and a layer of flab, and she's only in her early twenties. At least one of her colleagues is still built like a racing snake - when she was pregnant about eight years ago I told her she looked like a baseball on a pogo stick. I should ask what sort of diet she has because unlike the rest it still seems to be working.
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Sun Jun 18 2017, 22:25

@chris c wrote:At least my links contained meat! Seen this?

https://storify.com/rdukchat/nuutrition-truths-vs-fads/

End to end self-congratulatory drivel. What have they got to be proud about? Last two days I went round Minsmere - I usually go to such places during the week where only locals and old folks are there - but today there were a load of families, younger folks, holidaymakers etc. from all over the country, and I'll swear hardly anyone over twelve WASN'T fat.

One of the shopgirls I know was always cute in a well-rounded sort of way. Now she is growing an enormous arse and a layer of flab, and she's only in her early twenties. At least one of her colleagues is still built like a racing snake - when she was pregnant about eight years ago I told her she looked like a baseball on a pogo stick. I should ask what sort of diet she has because unlike the rest it still seems to be working.

I've seen the rduk feeds just more crap but we've come to expect that and when the ADSA lends it's support just goes to show how low the BDA have sunk

chris c

Post by chris c on Sun Jun 18 2017, 22:40

Don't they even have mirrors?
    graham64

Post by graham64 on Sun Jun 18 2017, 22:53

@chris c wrote:Don't they even have mirrors?

Yes they have bought a load from the house of mirrors  Laughing

graham64

Post by graham64 on Sun Jun 18 2017, 23:13

Hypocrite alert  Shocked regardless of the rights or wrongs of protein supplements the last people to preach about morals is the BDA . what really is immoral is the high carb low fat diet they promote for diabetics 

The British Dietetic Association (BDA) believes marketing for some products is both "wrong and immoral".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/38555693/protein-supplement-advert-claims-wrong-and-immoral

graham64

Post by graham64 on Mon Jun 19 2017, 22:37

The angry chef much revered by BDA dietitians has come out and revealed his true identity (he has a book coming out) I see that he is owned by: Premier Foods, Oxo, Mr Kipling, Loyd Grossman and Ambrosia.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/jun/18/angry-chef-debunking-detox-diets-wellness-nutrition-alternative-facts?CMP=twt_a-science_b-gdnscience

chris c

Post by chris c on Tue Jun 20 2017, 19:29

Dieticians can't even agree with themselves in that protein powder article.

As for Warner, he's a Food Technologist, a job which really shouldn't exist

“I don’t think any of them are lying,” he goes on, “they are just stuck in this strange world of false belief, which is fascinating. How can you look at NHS guidelines on how to eat healthily and go, ‘Well, I know better than that’? Maybe if you were a professor of dietetics or nutrition, you might disagree with some stuff. But how as a 19-year-old blogger you can look at it and go, ‘No, that’s wrong. This is right,’ I don’t know.”

Maybe if you look at your weight, BG, BP, lipids, and anything else you can get your doctor to test before and after, then go read some Real Science on PubMed, then go out on the street and see what everyone else looks like, then look at some old photos, you might gain some small amount of Clue that there is something drastically wrong. Just a thought.
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3805

Post by Eddie on Tue Jun 20 2017, 20:28

@chris c wrote:Dieticians can't even agree with themselves in that protein powder article.

As for Warner, he's a Food Technologist, a job which really shouldn't exist

“I don’t think any of them are lying,” he goes on, “they are just stuck in this strange world of false belief, which is fascinating. How can you look at NHS guidelines on how to eat healthily and go, ‘Well, I know better than that’? Maybe if you were a professor of dietetics or nutrition, you might disagree with some stuff. But how as a 19-year-old blogger you can look at it and go, ‘No, that’s wrong. This is right,’ I don’t know.”

Maybe if you look at your weight, BG, BP, lipids, and anything else you can get your doctor to test before and after, then go read some Real Science on PubMed, then go out on the street and see what everyone else looks like, then look at some old photos, you might gain some small amount of Clue that there is something drastically wrong. Just a thought.

Warner as Mo would say is a bell end. mrgreen Fact.

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 24 2018, 05:33