THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

3 posters

“How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

“How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger  Empty “How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger

Post by graham64 Thu Jun 01 2017, 23:16

Jan1
    Jan1

Female Posts : 5094

“How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger  Empty Re: “How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger

Post by Jan1 Fri Jun 02 2017, 13:40

Many thanks for the link Graham, I went across and this article has received a lot of attention ...

I share the Conclusion:

"Conclusion
    Greger’s goal, sparked in his youth and galvanized over the course of his medical career, is to bypass the middlemen and feed important — and often lifesaving — information to the public.
    “With the democratization of information, doctors no longer hold a monopoly as gatekeepers of knowledge about health,” he writes. “I’m realizing it may be more effective to empower individuals directly” (page xii).
    And that’s what How Not to Die ultimately accomplishes. While the book’s biases prevent it from being a fully caveat-free resource, it offers more than enough fodder to keep health-seekers questioning and engaged.
    Readers willing to listen when challenged and fact-check when skeptical will gain much from Greger’s passionate, albeit imperfect, tome."

It is quite a long article, but well worth the read, and isn't information perhaps the key word?

All the best Jan
    chris c
    chris c

“How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger  Empty Re: “How Not to Die” by Dr. Michael Greger: A Critical Review by Denise Minger

Post by chris c Sat Jun 03 2017, 21:54

He's become the current go-to guy for all the Militant Vegan trolls who were previously posting Plant Positive videos.

Actually I eat a vegan diet along with my meat.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29 2024, 01:21