The Low Carb Diabetic

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

A picture says a thousand words!

Eddie

Male Posts : 3731

A picture says a thousand words!

Post by Eddie on Mon May 29 2017, 13:38

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    chris c

Re: A picture says a thousand words!

Post by chris c on Mon May 29 2017, 20:49

Gosh they all look so slim and healthy. NOT. The Queen does though, perhaps they should ask what she eats. Just a thought . . .
    graham64

Male Posts : 2923

Post by graham64 on Mon May 29 2017, 22:10

Must have been following their own evidence based dietary guidelines then  popcorn

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3731

Post by Eddie on Tue May 30 2017, 11:05

It never fails to amaze me, how many high profile dietitians are over weight. The people in the photo are the elite of the dietetic world. affraid

Type two diabetic-low carb diet (50 carbs per day) and two 500mg Metformin pills per day. Apart from diagnosis HbA1c almost 12-all HbA1c results none diabetic. For over eight years my diabetes medication has not changed. My weight has remained stable, I have suffered no ill effects from my diet whatsoever. Every blood test has proved, I took the right road to my diabetic salvation. For almost seven years, I have asked medical professionals and naysayers, how do I maintain non diabetic BG levels on two Metformin other than low carb ? The silence has been deafening !
    graham64

Male Posts : 2923

Post by graham64 on Tue May 30 2017, 22:01

@Eddie wrote:It never fails to amaze me, how many high profile dietitians are over weight. The people in the photo are the elite of the dietetic world. affraid

Perhaps if they consulted a low carb dietitian they would get the help they so obviously need  thumb-up

Proving the LowCarb sceptics wrong for over nine years,

Not all cherubs are Angels  Wink nor all diabetics Bonkers  Rolling Eyes
    chris c

Post by chris c on Thu Jun 01 2017, 22:28

Someone quoted a recent study, that 91% of parents with overweight children saw their kids as normal weight. Dieticians too.

As us old farts die off there'll be no-one left to remember a time before there were "epidemics" of obesity, diabetes etc. Michael Eades suggested watching Woodstock or films from the seventies or earlier with crowd scenes - compared to today the extras look like stick people.

Current date/time is Sun Aug 20 2017, 10:40