THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

+2
Andy12345
graham64
6 posters

Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality

graham64
    graham64

Male Posts : 3730

Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality Empty Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality

Post by graham64 Wed Apr 19 2017, 21:36

Marijuana has been used medicinally for thousands of years, although many people use it as a recreational drug too. Research now indicates marijuana may have medicinal properties that can provide benefits for diabetes, as well as other health conditions.

After alcohol, marijuana (also known as cannabis) is the most commonly used drug in the world. The United Nations World Drug Report 2016 estimate there are 182.5 million users globally.

This article explores the medicinal properties of marijuana and how its use might benefit people with diabetes. It also examines the potential downsides of using marijuana for people who have diabetes and what the legal status of the drug is.

More here: http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/316999.php
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality Empty Re: Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality

Post by Andy12345 Thu Apr 20 2017, 06:22

I eat bananas cos they got no bones
    I smoke marijuana cos it gets me stoned

Actually I don't do either any more, but did copious amounts of both

To me, it's ridiculous that marijuana is illegal and just as ridiculous that alcohol is legal

Edit: I agree with the health benefits, after a reafer you feel much better freakout bounce popcorn Sleep
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality Empty Re: Marijuana and diabetes: Benefits, disadvantages, and legality

Post by Eddie Thu Apr 20 2017, 13:32

Andy12345 wrote:I eat bananas cos they got no bones
    I smoke marijuana cos it gets me stoned

Actually I don't do either any more, but did copious amounts of both

To me, it's ridiculous that marijuana is illegal and just as ridiculous that alcohol is legal

Edit: I agree with the health benefits, after a reafer you feel much better freakout bounce popcorn Sleep

I just knew, you must have been smokin' something affraid
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Thu Apr 20 2017, 17:30

Haven't smoked since before diabetes, can you imagine how stoopid I was? You guys are soooo lucky Smile
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Thu Apr 20 2017, 22:31

When I posted this I was thinking of the medicinal benefits and not recreational use Shocked but hey whatever floats your boat man  Cool

More on recreational uses in this video  Laughing

Andy12345
    Andy12345

Post by Andy12345 Fri Apr 21 2017, 05:29

I know mate, but I don't click on links as that would lead to reading paragraphs and I limit myself to sentences, so I just jump in with my tenuous nonsense Smile
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Apr 21 2017, 14:02

Andy12345 wrote:I know mate, but I don't click on links as that would lead to reading paragraphs and I limit myself to sentences, so I just jump in with my tenuous nonsense Smile
    Did you see the young guy in hospital the other day he weighed 4stone and looked like a Belsen victim. He was an habitual weed smoker, it killed his appetite and he only ate a bag of crisps and it lasted 3 days!.D.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Apr 21 2017, 21:37

I find that hard to believe, I used to get "the munchies" something dreadful. Never smoked it since I went low carb, frankly the last few times I did there was a massive quality control problem compared to how I used to remember it.
    mo1905
    mo1905

Male Posts : 2305

Post by mo1905 Fri Apr 21 2017, 22:01

Tried it a few times and never really hit the spot, always preferred a few beers instead.
    However, when I went to Bob Marley's house, it was sort of "encouraged". Quite surreal, middle aged men and women wandering around with huge reefers lol ! I think it was pushed to increase tips lol ! It was neat weed, no baccy ! I am a good dad normally but that day, as a family, we all shared the 'erb ! Our whole family was wasted.
    graham64
    graham64

Post by graham64 Fri Apr 21 2017, 22:30

Derek wrote:
    Andy12345 wrote:I know mate, but I don't click on links as that would lead to reading paragraphs and I limit myself to sentences, so I just jump in with my tenuous nonsense Smile
    Did you see the young guy in hospital the other day he weighed 4stone and looked like a Belsen victim. He was an habitual weed smoker, it killed his appetite and he only ate a bag of crisps and it lasted 3 days!.D.

Derek I agree with Chris on this one, I have a friend who has used it for over 20 years for relief from debilitating arthritis he's a healthy weight, maybe the guy hospitalised was taking the more potent skunk form
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Apr 21 2017, 22:30

Hehe, I can imagine, having been to a few Shebeens.

In my day there was some high quality stuff, Pakistani Black, Nepalese Temple Balls, Thai Sticks etc. then as the Police moved inexorably against the small enthusiast dealers the big commercial guys took over, first with Moroccan - the Zero Zero was pretty good but there was a LOT of crap, sometimes literally or so I was led to believe, then skunk which seemed to be a different drug altogether.
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Sat Apr 22 2017, 09:34

Have led a sheltered life!SmileWink
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Sat Apr 22 2017, 17:36

chris c wrote:Hehe, I can imagine, having been to a few Shebeens.

In my day there was some high quality stuff, Pakistani Black, Nepalese Temple Balls, Thai Sticks etc. then as the Police moved inexorably against the small enthusiast dealers the big commercial guys took over, first with Moroccan - the Zero Zero was pretty good but there was a LOT of crap, sometimes literally or so I was led to believe, then skunk which seemed to be a different drug altogether.

Chris you never cease to amaze me. Not only with your encyclopedic knowledge of diabetes control, we now see you appear to be an authority on street meds. affraid I tried smoking a giant spliff once given to me at a party, done nothing for me other than make me cough. As others have implied, I was too busy chasing women and boozing, that was more than enough for me. mrgreen
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Mon Apr 24 2017, 23:41

Oh I tried a few things back in the day. Never liked opiates though (I only ever had them in hospital where they killed the pain but left me in a state I preferred not to be in)

Now grass-fed beef is the nearest I come to drugs. Oh wait, different kind of grass.

Actually there used to be a hempworks in town long ago, and more recently it became a farm crop again after they bred out all the good bits. It was used to process into fibre for building materials and car parts but the market collapsed. I suggested to one farmer he should put his crop into little baggies and sell it in London pubs. They couldn't touch him for it as it was free of hallucinogenic substances, but I suppose they could have done him under the Trades Description Act

Last edited by chris c on Mon Apr 24 2017, 23:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : pressed wrong tit before I was finished)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 19:01