THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
THE LOW CARB DIABETIC

Promoting a low carb high fat lifestyle for the safe control of diabetes. Eat whole fresh food, more drugs are not the answer.

Welcome to the Low Carb Diabetic forum,have you signed up yet? if not then sign up and join us in the low carb community today!

5 posters

Gone to the dogs!

Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Gone to the dogs! Empty Gone to the dogs!

Post by Eddie Wed Apr 19 2017, 16:51

Pregnant woman attacked by dogs!

A heavily pregnant woman and her soldier husband were savaged by two large dogs as they tried to defend their pet Chihuahuas.

Emily Vickery, 23, and Sam Myford say they were left covered in blood after the attack at the Westbury White Horse monument in Wiltshire.

Both were treated in hospital for multiple bite wounds, and there were fears she had entered premature labour.
    The owner of the bull mastiff-type dogs drove off without leaving her details.

Police say they are looking for a woman in a green Mini over the "extremely terrifying" attack.

From here today http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-39643142

Hardly a week goes by and we are hearing of another attack by vicious dogs. Very often this has lead to death of children and very severe injuries for adults. To obtain a shotgun license in the UK stiff requirements and rules (quite rightly) have to be followed. But owning a vicious dog is OK. Time after time it's the pit-bull type of dog that does the damage, very often owned by complete retards. All dogs can bite, but the very large and very powerful dogs, are clearly the most dangerous when not controlled by responsible adults. Time to bring in special licenses for these dogs methinks, and mandatory insurance should they go on the rampage.  No licence no insurance, dog taken away.

Rant over.
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Male Posts : 98

Gone to the dogs! Empty Re: Gone to the dogs!

Post by Wobblycogs Fri Apr 21 2017, 12:42

I sense another attempt to vilify meat.

Now it seems there are studies showing that type-2 diabetes is better controlled by ingesting plant-protein rather than meat protein. You can guess on which site I saw this nugget. Although lately, even they are swaying towards HCLF.

Problem is, I can't comment there, as I can't log into the site anymore. I keep sending for my password, but despite copy and paste, the password won't let me in.  floggingdeadhorse

So that site is a no-no for me from now on. If they can't get it working properly what's the point of me frustrating myself trying! rofl

Wobbly    cuppa
    Andy12345
    Andy12345

Male Posts : 1646

Post by Andy12345 Fri Apr 21 2017, 13:24

was that reply to the above post as they seem unconnected lol
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Post by Wobblycogs Fri Apr 21 2017, 14:26

It's probably me who is disconnected. TBH I am not sure which way is up from left at the moment. I might get used to living alone eventually! banghead

Wobbs.  imsorry thumb-up
    Derek
    Derek

Post by Derek Fri Apr 21 2017, 18:56

Wobblycogs wrote:It's probably me who is disconnected. TBH I am not sure which way is up from left at the moment. I might get used to living alone eventually! banghead

Wobbs.  imsorry thumb-up
    Sorry hear that wobbly you were caring for your wife when I last read of your life. Derek
    Eddie
    Eddie

Male Posts : 3807

Post by Eddie Fri Apr 21 2017, 19:09

Derek wrote:
    Wobblycogs wrote:It's probably me who is disconnected. TBH I am not sure which way is up from left at the moment. I might get used to living alone eventually! banghead

Wobbs.  imsorry thumb-up
    Sorry hear that wobbly you were caring for your wife when I last read of your life.  Derek

Jan and myself are also very sorry for your current situation Wobbly. We have seen dementia first hand, a very cruel disease. Chin up mate, you have friends here.
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Fri Apr 21 2017, 21:53

Westbury White Horse, that takes me back! I took my parents up there once long ago when they were visiting, it was wonderfully calm and peaceful and the skylarks were singing

then a Tornado (they were new then) came whanging past at Mach 0.99 a couple of hundred metres away

followed by its wingman at Mach 0.995 at half the distance

sodding Fly Boys, they also used to buzz my truck on a regular basis on some of the Welsh roads

We used to have the opposite problem with dogs, they were too friendly and would love to jump up and rip the skin on my mother's legs, which was like rice paper from all the steroids she was fed. That can also be pretty bad when you're in the middle of nowhere. People don't seem capable of training the damn things properly nowadays. I think there are more attacks on sheep too.
    Wobblycogs
    Wobblycogs

Post by Wobblycogs Sat Apr 22 2017, 08:09

Thanks folks.

It's nice to know I am among friends. As Chris suggests, the low fat message has a grip on the care home. The fear of fat is just like religion. If you are a believer nothing will ever persuade you otherwise. All because of fear again. Even on this forum I have seen occasional confessions of moments of doubt and guilt, about fat; despite plenty of sound evidence supporting the low-carb message.

The food at the home is excellent, by 'normal' standards, but it's mostly refined carbs. Jean is not one for dieting, because she never needed to. But now she can't make her own informed choices, they are stuffing her with pastries, potatoes, chips (in oil of course) sandwiches, (Mostly white cardboard) and toast! There is a sweet with two of the meals, usually steamed puddings, starchy custard, or ice cream, and even meringues! All beautifully cooked and prepared, but fattening all the same. Of course to Jean, food is now food, and she isn't able to differentiate any more. All I can do is mention my fears, but the nutritionist is locked onto the low fat regime. I have yet to experience a waft of cooking bacon around the place. It's casseroles, curries, cakes, and flans; and gooey sweets. Influenced mostly by the need to feed some residents by hand, so 'messes' are the most convenient method.

The problem is, if I say anything, they would laugh, because although I have lost a lot of weight, I still have some way to go. Were I to mention LCHF, they would probably say I was walking proof I have it wrong.  Cool

Now I am going to eat my cold chicken thighs, and drink a pint of Earl Grey, sans milk or sugar! pirat
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Tue Apr 25 2017, 00:01

As Ted Naiman recently tweeted, old people end up on a low fat vegan diet with all the consequences that entails Sad Just exactly what you DON'T need for Alzheimers or any other long term condition.

https://twitter.com/tednaiman/status/850763687929434112
    chris c
    chris c

Post by chris c Sat Apr 29 2017, 22:34

From the top of the street I saw the butcher come out of his shop and fling a large bucket of soapy water down the street.

Turns out someone was walking past the shop, and their dog's arse exploded. They just walked on leaving the stinking splattery mess behind.

Pity my policewoman friend has retired, if she'd been around she would probably have made her clear it up. With a teaspoon.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28 2024, 10:54